The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Arming switch.. button bit confused with nitrous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Arming switch.. button bit confused with nitrous

Im tryin to read up on nitrous and lookn at install n stuff. THe arming switch turns on the nitrous right, then you have a seperate button for spraying?Do you just hold down the button as long as you want to spray for or just press it 1nce? or do u use a switch and turn it on real quick or something. cause in some installs i looked at they didnt mention the a button just an arming switch. Can you guys make since outa this?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the arming sense arms the brain or triggers the solenoid to release the n2o and fuel mixture at WOT. the idea is, you floor your car, and when you want the nitrous, just arm the system. that fast and the furious bullshit with an arming switch and then a "firing" switch is bullshit.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

well

well thanks a shitload that makes sense. Yet for my galant I wouldnt want it on threw shifts and wouldnt want to be spraying the whole time threw 1st gear so would i just go at wot and flip it on threw like 3rd? if that where i wanted it and then flip it off before redline?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Just let off the gas........

Theres a switch you put under the pedal or something. It is activated at WOT. So if you dont floor it through the gears then it wont spray. You should spray in first anyway, its a waste...
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just let off the gas........

Theres a switch you put under the pedal or something. Â*It is activated at WOT. Â*So if you dont floor it through the gears then it wont spray. Â*You should spray in first anyway, its a waste...</div>

ZEX, nitrous express and NOS are activated by the signal through your TPS wire (Throttle Position Sensor). at WOT the TPS wire is 5v hot, and at idle it's .1v or something like that. You hook up the solenoids (or with Zex, the brain) to your TPS so it only will spray at WOT when it's picking up the 5v signal. When you first install your kit, you program the nitrous kit to learn the voltage curve of your TPS wire. some people are never truly at 5v at WOT, but maybe at like 4.8v or something.

as far as praying through gears, it's completely safe. my auto transmission is probably the worst auto transmission on the face of the planet, but it holds perfectly fine between gear shifts. i've tried shutting off the nitrous between shifts and it makes a huge difference in slowness.

for best results, floor your car, wait till you hit about 3-4K in 1st, then just spray all the way up untill 4th gear. the rule of thumb is that you dont want to bring compression too high up in the chamber. spraying in your last gear will obviously blow your engine because the engine can't climb through the RPMs fast enough. spraying in first, second and third gear is completely fine. don't ever spray in 4th unless your motor is built up. i've gone through about 2 bottles so far and have been spraying in ever gear except 4th. don't spray right away in 1st, cause you'll just burn out while moving, which is fun, but wastefull spraying in 1st gear will launch you the hell away from anything

1994 Galant GS 5spd

b-boy_sky
    One's a throttle positioning switch(tps) and the other is the arming switch. When I'm at the track im at full throttle all the time so the tps is always ready. Once i hit around 3000 rpm I flip the arming switch and the nitrous is released. And I would have to say if you don't get any wheel spin in 1st gear than spray in 1st.....I spray the whole way down the track from 1st to 3rd.

i'm thinking about going to a 65 shot, and all i know is with a 55 shot the wheels can barely hold on after i take off.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

wo

I need nitrous now... just need a few more bucks.. 300 but sounds like so much fun. I have a V6 i was thinking a 65 shot wet it should be able to handle it right? I heard it can take a pretty much stock 75 shot. Im looking at zex kits. Im thinking its important to get purge and bottle warmer. any suggestions? Im near san jose is there many shops i can get it filled?

i live an hour north of LA, and the only shop that filled up n2o right by my house no longer does it, now i need to drive to LA for nitrous, so lame.

it's a well known fact a healthy stock motor can take up to a 75 shot no problems, but that's pushing it in my opinion. a 55 shot will be 100% fine on your motor if it's in good condition, and a 65 should be good as well. I got my ZEX wet kit for $535 shipped (free shipping) from:

http://www.sportcompactwarehouse.com/PROD/zex-82021

a purge kit is something i wish i got sooner, because when you close your bottle, you want to get all the unused nitrous out of the lines, so without a purge kit, you'd have to manually bleed them, which takes like 5 minutes of you sitting there with a wrench. bottle warmers are too scary for me, i'll sacrifice 5-10hp to be safe, too many horror stories of people leaving them on and exploding their house.

as far as brands, ZEX and Nitrous Express are the best, only difference is Nitrous Express offers free lifetime waranty on all their parts, so you can send in your solenoids every year to get cleaned and repaired, which is nice. Zex puts all their solenoids and electronics on one handy dandy box so it makes it easier to hide and makes install slightly easier. Just don't buy a NOS kit, holley bought NOS out and now NOS is useless, unless you like wasting your money.

more nitrous information for DSMers than you'll ever need: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

8G_GTZ
    give me a list of EVERYTHING you bought for the setup Matt. you just gave a me a good feeling(no not that one). and did you get the wet or dry?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shogun7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>give me a list of EVERYTHING you bought for the setup Matt. you just gave a me a good feeling(no not that one). and did you get the wet or dry?</div>

there wasn't much to buy. get a wet kit, since dry kits rely on the injectors to put in the extra gasoline, which puts un-needed stress on the fuel delivery system, and isn't something you really want to put more pressure on. wet kits intercept fuel and mix it with the nitrous at the nozzle into the intake, putting a nice fuel/n2o mixture into the engine.

since the 7G fuel system sucks, you'll need to re-wire the fuel pump for sure, and i strongly recomend you get the Walbro 190lph fuel pump, no FPR required for that one. don't cut corners with this shit, no use in blowing your motor cause you didn't want to shell out $150 for some wire and a nice new fuel pump.

you WILL NEED spark plugs 1-2 steps colder than stock. NGK BKR7E-11 or BKR7ES-11. the one without the S is V-Power, which prevents quenching. those are 2 steps colder than stock. replace the 7 with a 6 and that's one step colder than stock. nitrous loves to eat through spark plugs, so get a pack of 10-20 so you're good for the next few years. replace the spark plugs every 4-5 10lb bottle.

aftermarket intake helps. also, your engine must be in good condition. do a compression check on all your cylinders and work from there. start with a 55 and work your way up. to handle a 100-120 shot get pistons/rods and head bolts and new bearings on everything, and you can handle it fine.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

8G_GTZ
    it's funny, cuz i just posted like 5 min. ago. i love the internet. thanks matt.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shogun7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>it's funny, cuz i just posted like 5 min. ago. i love the internet. thanks matt.</div>

Ya word, now I want a N02 kit as well. Fuckity fuck. Yo Matt, your car back from eracings yet? We have to have a go at it man. Also we should plan for a top speed run (s. Las Posas literally has a open stretch of freshly paved road for about 6-7 miles).

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    n0s is for babies. Be a man, go FI!
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>n0s is for babies. Â*Be a man, go FI!</div>

lol, what do you think n2o is, it is FI. just an inrease in airflow. just really cold air

still got about 1 week left before i get the car back, then i'll be heading down to LA to get a refill on my magic juice, and we'll re-unite the cars again JB

1994 Galant GS 5spd

8G_GTZ
    just get a vid of your shit goin, cuz i want to see exactly what happens at the push of a button

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shogun7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>just get a vid of your shit goin, cuz i want to see exactly what happens at the push of a button</div>

everything just moves a lot faster. you can't really hear it, just the RPMs and speedometer climb a lot faster.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

b-boy_sky
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm thinking about going to a 65 shot, and all i know is with a 55 shot the wheels can barely hold on after i take off.</div>

Are you spraying right off the line or at a certain RPM? I do a 75 shot in first at 3500 RPM and my tires can handle it. It could also be that your 7G is lighter than my 8G. Also, are you auto or 5 speed? And if you want a good website for a cheap, safe and easy to install bottle heater let me know....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(b-boy_sky)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm thinking about going to a 65 shot, and all i know is with a 55 shot the wheels can barely hold on after i take off.</div>

Are you spraying right off the line or at a certain RPM? I do a 75 shot in first at 3500 RPM and my tires can handle it. It could also be that your 7G is lighter than my 8G. Also, are you auto or 5 speed? And if you want a good website for a cheap, safe and easy to install bottle heater let me know....</div>

one time i sprayed almost right after i started moving, and the wheels just spun out for a second, then regained traction. i usually wait till about 3K rpm to spray then just leave it on 'till 4th gear.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

hey b-boy its good to see your still squeezing and in good shape this is 4g64t from long time ago ive moved on from nitrous to a turbo setup that im almost done with i should be able to put in all together in a couple weeks
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast