The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing JDM Lights

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    94gntturbo219

Installing JDM Lights

Ok, well, I got ahold of a pair of Perfect true JDM headlights. The cost of lights, a measly $100 ( am I lucky or what? And I do mean they are perfect, totally flawless.) So I'm wondering. I've been doing the search and all I can find is people asking where to get them, well, I finally got ahold of mine, so anyone who has them, how did you wire them? I heard there was like a copy of them that was 2 piece, and well the Real ones are 1, these are at least. Anyone know how to wire them, Please let me know, thanks

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Hey bud, i have a pair of the JDM's hat were issued to the Netherlands. Mine are 2 piece, which were difficult to put in. I think the one pice may be even harder.
    If you want to find info on this you'll have to dig up the OOOOOLLLDDD ass post from almost 2 years ago. I'll see if i can't find it and post new on it, that will bring iot up., if i can't i'll try to write some info for you.
    One thing i will tell you now, is if they are " Real " JDM's you'd better be prepared to saw. I know that Mazzarin can givr you some advise also. also if they are " Real " they are Glass

94gntturbo219
    Yea, they are bigger. I tried test fitting them ( without wiring) yesterday adn man they don't fit. The domn metal bracket the old bumper support bolet to is in the way, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to shave that down like an inch. Not only that the other side doesn't fit the fender exactly, it's minor, which I'll just take the dremel and work that down just a little and it should fit. The brackets are exactly the same, just the housing is a little oversized, just wiring will probably be a problem ( um, I haven't heard anything about this, but my low beams, they have a second light in the housing, what is that light for?) It's at the bottom inside of the housing, I didn't notice it at first, but when I inspeacted the back and saw another set of wires, I looked and there's this little buld at the bottom, anyone know?

As far as the grinding goes make sure you grind it down so the light fits in smoothly, other wise you could end up breaking the glass, and have to get a new headlight.... i did, sucked having to pay for it and wait even longer. Also i went ahead and cleared the J's corner. Mine came in two pieces, which made it a lot easier, than having to take the whole housing apart.

Those smaller lights are parking lights. When you turn the oem parking lights on, those lights shine in the corners. With J-specs the parking light is on interior of the low beam headlights, and the corners become the turn signal. Your stock turn signals should fit into the corner. and i think you should already have the wiring bracket for the new parking lights. i rewired lights for the H1 and H4, but on one of the posts there was a websight for a converter.

One cool thing about the H4's ( or which ever is the high beam ), when you turn the lights on fully, the high beams have a smaller light that glows, just slightly. Even if you get the white headlights the glow is a yellow color. So your driving lights shine hyper white, and the high beams glow yellow. But when you turn the high beams on the glow hyper white. This is the same type of lighting the Skylines have. Hyper white on the outside, yellow on the inside 8)

yea,ask maz abou the installing part, but i doubt he will be of any help when it comes down to the wiring, lmfao. aint that right Maz? j/k, you know you my boy

94gntturbo219
    That is cool ( about the second lighting thing.) So the high beams have a smaller light too? I have them locked out in the car, I'll cheack that myself here soon. I might clear them later, they look pretty sweet now ( like the housing makes the lens look darker and everything.) So ask Maz for the wiring? You were joking that he doesn't know about it or what? Yea, luckily all the bulbsare still in the housing ( so I got all the bulbs already, the wiring was cut a few inches back on each light, making that cost of new lights easier since I don't have to replace them right away ( I'm going to go with some hyper white, unless they already come on The JDM ones, I can't be sure obviously. I'll get pictures up as soon as I got them in ( I'm going to work on them this weekend and hopefully get them to fit without cracking them, but if I do yea, the guy I got them from I think has 2 pairs left, so I can always buy another pair, though that'll suck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94gntturbo219)</div><div class='quotemain'>So ask Maz for the wiring? You were joking that he doesn't know about it or what?</div>

well, for some reason, when maz tried to wire up the lights, he's lights automatically were on "HIGH BEAM" and they didnt wanna go back to low beam, and when i tried installing mine at his house, my wiring came out "top notch" lol. but i believe he has the instruction to install the lights and re0wiring them as-well. he has a post on the old boards somewhere, but i dotn know where. im sure he'll be more than happy to help out.

94gntturbo219
    Hey, I tried looking up Maz's name on the directory, but that was toaking WAY to long to get there, so I gave up. Does anyone know his E-mail address? Or maybe I should try to figure it out meself, I need to keep myself busy for at least a month or 2, I kind of did an overkill in my need for speed and went to the darkside of the japanese automotive industry ( I I spent alot of time the last 3 days everywhere, and am now a brand new 04 WRX owner.) I won't get into how good that car is cause this isn't the place for it, just if anyone can hook me up with an E-mail address ( Maz if you're reading.) I would appreciate it ( I want help, I stoll have alot of body work with fiberglass and bondo left, I 'll work on those to bide my time till the wife allows me to buy another part 8) .) Thanks.

94gntturbo219
    Hey, I tried looking up Maz's name on the directory, but that was toaking WAY to long to get there, so I gave up. Does anyone know his E-mail address? Or maybe I should try to figure it out meself, I need to keep myself busy for at least a month or 2, I kind of did an overkill in my need for speed and went to the darkside of the japanese automotive industry ( I I spent alot of time the last 3 days everywhere, and am now a brand new 04 WRX owner.) I won't get into how good that car is cause this isn't the place for it, just if anyone can hook me up with an E-mail address ( Maz if you're reading.) I would appreciate it ( I want help, I stoll have alot of body work with fiberglass and bondo left, I 'll work on those to bide my time till the wife allows me to buy another part 8) .) Thanks.

his name is mazzarin or maybe mazzzarin, if you look him up, look up by oldest he should be in the first 2 or 3 pages

his name is mazzarin or maybe mazzzarin, if you look him up, look up by oldest he should be in the first 2 or 3 pages

sorry actually, it's Mazarin. just click on his name on the topics he's posted.

sorry actually, it's Mazarin. just click on his name on the topics he's posted.

94gntturbo219
    Thanks for the help. i"ll E-mail Maz and see if he can help. Well, got the bumper support bracket cut and the new 1 piece JDM headlights dry installed ( installed but not hooked up for asthetic viewing pleaseure of my accomplishment.) if anyone wants some pics of them, let me know ( I'll need your E-mail address because I don't have them on the web yet, still figuring that one out.

94gntturbo219
    Ok, so I spent some time editing some pictures I uploaded, and now I have a JPG file with an assortment of begging to present pictures of the car. Let me know and I can send the file to you for your viewing pleasure ( well, sort of, don't laugh at me )

brandon
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...0&highlight=jdm

FYI, you have to buy 9006 to H4 harnesses in order to wire these easily. Maz I believe was hard wiring them, which made it difficult to get them working properly.

I got my harnesses at Pep Boys... they were like $8 - $10 I think apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=1880&highlight=jdm

FYI, you have to buy 9006 to H4 harnesses in order to wire these easily. Maz I believe was hard wiring them, which made it difficult to get them working properly.

I got my harnesses at Pep Boys... they were like $8 - $10 I think apiece.
    i didnt use any harnesses, and it only took me like 30-40 min to rewire the lights, IN THE DARK!!!!!! aint that right Maz? lmfao, sorry about that. i still owe you a light bulb. damn suburban people, have no damn light posts like city people do, lol. I used the 8g H4 lights for my JDM's, they work nice. they are Nokya, bought them off EBAY BABY!!! lol about $23, shipped.

i just cut my old 9006 harness off and applied wired the new harness to those existing wires. haven't had any problems since

brandon
    And you guys don't have the same issue as Maz?

I'm able to use both lo and hi beam...

YAY! I'm not the only one!

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"