The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 240sx and altima turbo

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    TGC Regular

240sx and altima turbo

im looking at a kit thats for the 240sx but i have an altima. we both use the same engines but the 240sx the engine is sideways. could i still use the kit? the only thing that prob wouldn't work would be the downpipe and intake piping am i correct? or would some of the lines be different too?

have you tried nissanforums.com?
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    the whole setup would be off being that the motor for the 240 is transversley mounted..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

8ggalant
    yea and that'd be a waste of money seeing that the downpipe and intake/intercooler piping is gonna cost sum loot (for quality pieces) if u dont have a hook up

u can also consider a motor swap (bluebird sss- sr20det fwd :twisted: )

the_kage
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>

u can also consider a motor swap (bluebird sss- sr20det fwd :twisted: )</div>

BOOOO... no motor swap...
    turbo the hell out of that KA and run it like a dog

leadfoot
    the KA is a monster you dont need a turbo to be quick with I/H/E/P and a 75 shot you can run faster than a 14.5 with a good driver. if your set on getting a turbo get a F-max turbo. back when i had my alty i was going to go turbo before i got my galant but they told me not to get over a stage 2 with out getting stronger internals go to altimas.net they have a huge forum

Save up and turbo the beast...14.5 isnt necessarily that fast based on todays standard of cars
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

hey PGD, turbo mine while you're at it 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>the KA is a monster you dont need a turbo to be quick with I/H/E/P and a 75 shot you can run faster than a 14.5 with a good driver. if your set on getting a turbo get a F-max turbo.</div>
    Uh, you can do that with just about any motor worth a fuck.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    the whole setup would be off being that the motor for the 240 is transversley mounted..
    The motor isnt transverse the motor is rotated 90 Degrees in the engine bay it goes front to back not side to side Transverse is a motor that is rotated 180 Degrees I.e a 7g motor is transverse from a 8g motor, opposite side of the car, but still faces same direction.

Aynway on topic, you can boost that motor or do a SR20 swap. Honestly though you can get the SR20DET motor and tranny for like $3,000 shipped. Your gonna spend close to that on turbo kit, so in my opinion its a better way to go since the motor stock is built for boost and has alot of aftermarket support
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS