The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical work

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Electrical work

Hey folks.. ,

Been lurking here for a few weeks reading posts and stuff just getting a general feel of the community, y'all got a good thing here btw.

Anyhoo... got a few questons about electrical wiring

question one: has anyone attempted to change the LED lights behind the gauge cluster?.. I want to change them to a blue and get rid of the white. suggestions and thoughts?

Question two: saw a post on here about using the neon liscience (sp? ) plate covers for interior lighting under the seats. how would I go about hard wiring that into the electrical system. I'm trying to avoid the whole " we'll just use the 12 v cig lighter adapter thing " ( hate the look of all those wires everywhere. )

__________________________________________________ _________

Galant 02 ES 4cyl

Engine mods:
    Bosch Platinum +4
    K&N Filter
    Sound
    Pioneer DEHP-4600 MP
    Wheels
    MB motoring 17X7
    Khumo 17" / 225 / r14

I don't think there are any LED bulbs whatsoever in the gauge cluster, just regular filament bulbs. Changing them is easy. Search my friend, search. Here are 2 threads I found by using the search tool.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ghlight=cluster

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ghlight=cluster

As for the neons, your best bet is to probably run the wires under the center console/armrest and tap into the wires that give power to the light ring around the cigarette lighter or the extra outlet next to it.

yep thought about splicing into the extra cig lighter.. didnt know if that was a nogo or what.... also founbd a chapter on hardwiring on the Haynes customizing book... might go that route... thanks for the links..

wasn't sure what to search for in the forum search.. thanks for the links.

woohoo first autozone I went into had the bulbs I needed.... gonna get up early tommorow and install them..
    plus I picked up blue dome light bulbs gonna mess with that to see what type of effect I get .