The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Strut bar?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

Strut bar?

Just wondering if anyone here has aquired a front strut tower brace for their car - The only one I've found has been a cusco part, retailing at about $200US.. Damned if I'm paying that for a metal bar!
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You can use front upper strut bars from 2g Eclipses.
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    I'll sell you mine for a measly $150

J/p bro. Try ebay. They usually sell them for 20-30 bucks. shipping would be your only problem. Like Seth said, look for the 2g eclipse, they'll work on the 7g

when is we gon be free????

Yah I just bought an adjustable one for a 2g 95-99 eclipse for $21 shipped. Not too shabyy.

Come on man, where are all those pics and vids of your vr4?!?!?! haha I <3 7g VR4s
    7g for life!

98galant
    Does anybody know if this one will work?

http://www.cardomain.com/item/RACMIT051BL

Wicked, cheers team. Just saved me a packet!

Also the photos - I put a couple up in the "members rides" bit
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anybody know if this one will work? Â*
    http://www.cardomain.com/item/RACMIT051BL</div>

Yes, it should work.

I just bought a very nice set. Front upper, Rear upper, and Rear lower tie bar. $100 shipped. Ill take pics as soon as I get them
    7g for life!

Livn2sk8
    what brand did you get Seth? and where did you get it from?

Megan and Ebay.
    7g for life!

Hi, so strut bar for Eclipse - 95-98 will fit on my G 7th generation? And how about rear strut bar. And front down piece? Thanks for answering.
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

The front strut bar will fit, i believe the rear one will too but i could be wrong(anyone that knows feel free to correct me) if it does fit i think you will have to cut the carpet in the trunk because the strut towers arent exposed.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon&#045;and&#045;his&#045;mitsubishi
    Hi, so strut bar for Eclipse - 95-98 will fit on my G 7th generation? And how about rear strut bar. And front down piece? Thanks for answering.
    95-99 2g Eclipse front upper strut bars will fit on the 7g's. The rear upper strut bar of a 2g will work on a 7g..BUT you will have to cut holes in the rear seat/deck lid sheet metal to run the bar across. IMO...it would be pointless since its already naturally braced there on a 7g compared to a 2g. Also lower front and rear under braces will bolt up no problems from a 2g FWD.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Proto
    8G VR4 strut bars are far the best for the 7G. I was the the first to install one on a USDM and it was a huge difference compared to the cheapo ebay one.

are they really that much of a difference I want one (JDM vr4 strut bar) I found some suppliers and they gave me some prices.......i might get one...... what does it help out with the most...... is it body roll that gets better or what??????
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

And do you think, that would be possible to fit the rear upper strutbar on my Hatchback? I do have europian 1.8 GLSi version. http://www.mitsubishiclub.cz/graphics/owne...1_galosmain.jpg
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by T&#045;double
    are they really that much of a difference I want one (JDM vr4 strut bar) I found some suppliers and they gave me some prices.......i might get one...... what does it help out with the most...... is it body roll that gets better or what??????
    Its chassis bracing. A flexing chassis works like an undampened spring, the goal is to make the suspension do all the dampening work, if there is chassis flex then the cars handleing gets more unpredictable which is going to lead to less consistant lap times.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Its chassis bracing. A flexing chassis works like an undampened spring, the goal is to make the suspension do all the dampening work, if there is chassis flex then the cars handleing gets more unpredictable which is going to lead to less consistant lap times.
    First time I noticed the difference with a front upper strut bar was when i removed it from the car. There is one specific curve on the highway by me that I would hit into around 70 and pull through with no problem...until the day I forgot to put the bar back on and almost killed myself in that turn. Makes a big difference in chassis flex and handling.

As for REAR uppers, Galant doesn't need it, you have plenty of bracing there. A hatchback however has nothing and requires a rear upper bar.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    precisely...

and the more deflection that is taken from the chassis and given to the suspension..
    the higher spring and dampening rates you can run whilest still maintaining a comfortable ride.

there are a lot of things on our cars that move under load that you woudl never suspect.

for instance...

lean over your engine bay and have yoru friend really press on the brake pedal.
    be amazed as yoru entire master cylinder and brake booster move away from the firewall!

just imagine when you are really trying to put the stop on.

there are hundreds of little points of slop, or deflection, or cushioning, or flex...
    that we don't think are worth the expense of fixing.
    yes maybe a strut brace won't do a whole lot...
    but its when these things start to add up is when the benifits start compounding.

the key is to beefy up the suspension and stiffen the chassis... w/o adding significant weight to the car.

sure make the car stiffer it will corner better....
    but the extra weight can slide you out of a turn.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    My car is stiff as shit, I get so many compliments.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast