The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Strut bar?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    yea it made my car soo stiff.. hated it.. now i prefer comfort over handling..im not doin initial d turns netime soon.. besides.. girls like comfort over STIFF

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zippyflu
    yea it made my car soo stiff.. hated it.. now i prefer comfort over handling..im not doin initial d turns netime soon.. besides.. girls like comfort over STIFF
    He said "Stiff" huh huh huh huh huh

i went and got a TenzoR front strut brace for mine. I had used an ebay one before and its a huge difference. go with a good brand. its worth a little extra money

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i also own the VR4 strut brace, and it's not bending for anything. Actually, it might have saved my car from horrible damage in the accident i had.

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    i also own the VR4 strut brace, and it's not bending for anything. Actually, it might have saved my car from horrible damage in the accident i had.
    Good thing I bought one then

Here's the one I'm buying for the eclipse

http://machv.com/bilalstrutto.html

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    i also own the VR4 strut brace, and it's not bending for anything.
    x2! JDM goodness.

i bought a front strut bar on ebay for 10 bucks. i got it mainly for looks but its pretty strong for the price. but i also relpaced the circle mounts that were thin steel out of 1/4" polished aluminum, because it didnt cost me anything to do it (i am a welder/fabricater i get free material)

i got mine from ebay, under scepticism that it was going to be this cheap POS, but it turned out to be pretty damn rugged. it was like $25.00 shipped, pm me and ill send you the info i have when i get home as i cant access my ebay account here at work

Now is there much of a difference between the 2G turbo or the 2G non-turbo front upper strut bars, or will both styles fit the 7G Galant?

i am almost sure it doesn't matter. The body of the car doesn't change between the diffrent engines.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Well the reason I was asking is due to the fact that the eclipse's have more room under the hood, where the Galant's hoods are lower, closer to the engine. With the hump in the middle to clear the turbo on the turbo eclipse's, that same strut bar might rub against the hood of the Galant. Of course, I haven't heard of any issues yet with other Galant owners...

I'll just order one up and see if it fits :)

Quote Originally Posted by ohgrfreak
    Well the reason I was asking is due to the fact that the eclipse's have more room under the hood, where the Galant's hoods are lower, closer to the engine. With the hump in the middle to clear the turbo on the turbo eclipse's, that same strut bar might rub against the hood of the Galant. Of course, I haven't heard of any issues yet with other Galant owners...

I'll just order one up and see if it fits :)
    the hump is only there to clear the cam gears of the DOHC head.

which is why 94 galant hoods have the hump as well.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the turbo is on the exhausr mani, way far away from the hood. and i actually think 7g's have more room thant 2g's. if you look at the design of the bars they never exceed the top of the strut towers

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

It fits perfectly!, I mounted the thing with it facing the front like I heard was the proper way, and the hood would not close. So I just turned it around and it mounts up just like it should on an Eclipse, looks sharp! Couldn't take any pics because it seems on every single day off for the last month it has rained here in good ol Iowa... depressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12