The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How Many Miles Can You Go Off A FUll Tank Of Gas?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 70

How Many Miles Can You Go Off A FUll Tank Of Gas?

I have an 8g galant and i was wondering how far or how many miles can you drive off a full tank of gas on a regular stock 8g galant drive about 75m.p.h on the highway none stop.

you can make it to the 400 mile range with a tank of gas. it can be more or less depending on certain conditions like if you use the AC, or if you have a v6 or an i4. and traffic and stuff.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i have a i4 and i won't be using any ac because i will be on the highway none stop........400miles is good thanks pinoyesv6

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Alert
    i have a i4 and i won't be using any ac because i will be on the highway none stop........400miles is good thanks pinoyesv6
    On my trip to and from Florida several years ago I had a stretch where I got 29-30mpg, and that was with A/C on most of the way (at least down south). From personal experience of driving an I4 well over 400 miles (the majority of which A/C was on) 400 should be a quality guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Alert
    yea, if your car is in good condition, then you will have no problem hitting 400 miles on a tank.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

rainfever
    i4 80,000 miles, pretty good condition, and i would say that 400 is an easy mark for me. I had 390 miles with 4/5ths of it being highway miles (AC off i think)

nrgizeman
    full tank of gas on cruise going 70mph gives you about 375 miles. i have 4 cyl with CEL for bad oxygen sensors.

BluFalcon
    During my trip back from Biloxi a few months ago I got about 350 miles to the tank in my GTZ. I averaged about 80 mph or so during the trip, with the occasional slowdown to 60 or. A/C was on the whole time.

Experienced TGC Member
    ya, driving from Gulfport (right next to biloxi) going east on I-10 towards tally, w/ pretty constant traffic and only one stop, i think i got 385 or somewhere very very close to it

I-10's a bitch, sorry.
    -Chris

Sammy_ES
    I've heard that driving with your windows down has pretty much the same affect on your gas mileage as driving with your AC on, because of wind resistance and stuff.

Anyone agree with that?

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy_ES
    I've heard that driving with your windows down has pretty much the same affect on your gas mileage as driving with your AC on, because of wind resistance and stuff.

Anyone agree with that?
    You got it. At low speeds the effect is negligible and you'd end up saving gas, but the faster you go the more drag there is of course, and by that time using A/C is far more fuel efficient.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Okay the most i've ever had was 270 on a trip from miami to orlando doing around 70-80 mph. Last fill up i had 255 i think and that was from full to just almost empty. What are your guys secrets? I've cleaned the tb, changed plugs, oil change every 3k, kn filter, changed the pcv valve, i can't think of what else, what could it be that causing such bad gas mileage? My gf in her 02 galant runs aorund 250-270 to the 1/4 tank mark and she drives 90 percent highway mileage. Any suggestions on how to improve mileage? We both have I4's, both running synthethic. Think maybe trying 89 oct? What octane do you guys you?

thanks,
    mike
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

is like 250 miles a tank bad for drivin in the city? i got a 2001 v6 model
    with 65000 miles

I average about 260-280 miles a tank on mixed city/highway driving on my V6, if I cruise at 80+ on the highway.

If I do mostly highway driving and cruise at 70+, I can get well over 300+ miles a tank, and if I went 60+ I'm sure I could get more, but I have this thing with my foot

Correct tire pressure can have an affect on your mileage. I keep mine at 36 all around on my 225/45/17s. If you got stock tires check the door sill for correct tire pressure.

Nothing below 91 octane has been in the tank BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22
    ya, driving from Gulfport (right next to biloxi) going east on I-10 towards tally, w/ pretty constant traffic and only one stop, i think i got 385 or somewhere very very close to it

I-10's a bitch, sorry.
    You go right past my crib in crestview fl.
    Love,
    Matt

I get on average 160-190. I am in dire need of plug replacement.
    Love,
    Matt

I have a V6 and have never seen more than 250 miles on a tank... thought it was just mine...

rainfever
    for alot of people the secret is driving habits. How much gas do you use to accelerate? My girlfriend floors her car (civic) at any time she is 20 mph she is below the limit. Its funny, just an example though. I drove like a granny the first few months of having my car, and that is when i saw the best MPG results.

BlankMan
    Not saying I don't belive it - but I'd like to see some of those getting 400 miles on a tank. Even on my best averages I was at 290... MAYBE 300...with 70/30 hwy/city driving. Only thing I can think of is elevation? Those of you with 400 to the tank - what are you, sea-level?

J

rainfever
    i am in provo Utah, i believe that is 8000 above sea level, i did not think of that at all.... zip code is 84604 if that helps find the level we are at here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast