The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Heater Control....

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    JeffTibbs

Heater Control....

Hey all,

My car got broken into last week and they trashed my AC/Heater control unit. Broke the mounting pieces right off.... anyways I'm not getting heat in my car now. The temp gauge is fine but there is something up with the cable that goes from the heater selector to wherever.... The cable does not pull out all the way when turn to cold but does go all the way in for hot but still no hot air. I'm thinking something is wrong on the other end. Maybe they tore the cable when they pulled it out... Does anyone have any ideas on this or what's at the end of the cable? I know there are 2 tubes that come in to the area behind the dash and they are hot but still no hot air... Mornings are getting cool....

any help or info would be great.

Thanks, Jeff

JeffTibbs
    They didn't rip it out but snapped off the brackets that hold it on and figured they might have jarred the linkage or the lever out of whack.
    So, my thing is how to get to the lever and air mixture box.

I'll look at it tonight or tomorrow but will pull of the dash trim and such and see what I can find.

I do have to get a new ac/heating unit though...
    Or create some other clamps for it...

Thanks....

i say just put the heating unit @ the bottom din and get either a screen, or a double din h/u or put some guages in there...something

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.