The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need some basic assistance

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

need some basic assistance

im finally ready to build my engine up. i feel that everything is done except that. i want to go turbo.
    i have a CAI and thats about it.
    ive searched alot but it seems kind of hard to find the answers im looking for...
    i want to go turbo, what what mods should be done to get the most out of the turbo and to make sure my engine will continue to run smoothly? what should be my agenda as far as what to get and in what order. any general info that i could understand would be appreciated.
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

brandon
    No offense, but the answers you're looking for are in this forum and all over the net.

A lot comes into play when deciding... how much boost will you be looking for? You need to have a goal in mind and your parts list and such will need to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    No offense, but the answers you're looking for are in this forum and all over the net.

A lot comes into play when deciding... how much boost will you be looking for? You need to have a goal in mind and your parts list and such will need to support it.
    i know most of the answers are here...but it seems like a diff language to me...im not too educated when it comes to engine components and stuff...just hoped someone would break a common setup down for me in laymans terms
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

brandon
    Well I posted a near-complete parts list in this forum about a week ago... I'm currently running 5-7lbs of boost on stock internals, stock ECU, stock TB.

If you're looking to boost more serious numbers, you'll want to upgrade your engine internals (rods, pistons, etc), fuel delivery (bigger injectors & fuel pump), your transmission (get yours built or swap to a manual) etc.

galant20022002
    i've just did my 02 v6 galant with a t25 ball bearing turbo from garret.
    i'm running 10lbs of boost but it spike up to 11lbs. blew away my friends honda civic with a gsr swap on the highway starting at 65mph and loving it. if you have any question mybe i can help.

ragingduck
    running 18 psi boost w/ 22 psi spike. That's on an OEM turbo on a small 1.8 though..

galant20022002
    yeah but youre forgetting that the less compression you have the more boost you can push.beside the galant v6 is really for high end anyways.wouldn't recomend dumping money on this car for 1/4 mile race rather putting it on a civic for that.

Got any pics of your setup? How much did it cost ya?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Ive built 4 different turbo set-ups for the my 4g64 already.. If your looking for a simple break down, brandon like he already said has a complete list of his setup in this forum already. Now if your talking internals thats a whole other can or worms.. You need to decide on how much power you really think you can achieve and how bad do you really want that slush box tranny. if you need more help keep on postin, i wil and many others will chime in to help ya out..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Just curious, what turbos did you use? What kind of power did each setup produce?
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    When Ak1 was still around helped me with the numbers, i used a 20g 60trim and (2) 16g's and a t3/t04e hybrid that i won in a bet... Both 16gs pulled the most power on my setup both put about 350whp with out juice and using 9:5.1 pinstons and arias valves. the 20g we were having issues with the compression wheel and noticed the bearing was burnt, from the dyno it got up to about 281, then we shut it down after that. the t3 is what im using at the moment and it running 320whp without a full tune and bad intercooler.. All where tuned on a dynojet with boost settings at 18psi, on pump gas, with a tial external wastegate. After the 9:5.1 compression pistons we switched out to Wiseco 8:5.1's (thanks 8ggalant). Still ran the same amount of boost on the dyno only because they didnt have enough miles on it yet..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

8ggalant
    no prob shane....never go that far :cry: .....any way back to topic....tuning is key bro...and it aint cheap...this is why i sold my set up...it was gonna cost me over 1100$ to get an exhaust system built from a reputable company and for tuning (same shop)....needless to say i hadnt put that in my budget...so like shane said...u need to figure out how much whp u want....oh and like a fellow boosted tgc'r once told me...figure out your budget and add on 500-1000 more (and its tru cuz it happend to me already ahah)

damn 2k and i just sold my set up too :?