The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lightest rims

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    theblackpearl

lightest rims

im possibly looking into a new set of rims..18's most likely..17's would be good too...i want to find the lightest ones possible? anyone have any suggestions?

and if i found a good set..id be selling my icw racing black chrome finish 17's w/ tires

light weight? look at:

enkei racing series
    SSR series (speed star racing)
    advan racing
    gram lights
    volk racing forged monoblock

there are more but basically look for forged 1 piece rims; those are among the lightest.

TGC Regular
    hey reelax, this might sound kind of stupid....

but i got my rims from discount tire, and it says "lightwheel" on the inside. so does that mean that they are made to be light for the car?

theblackpearl
    aight cool..thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by cardude03
    hey reelax, this might sound kind of stupid....

but i got my rims from discount tire, and it says "lightwheel" on the inside. so does that mean that they are made to be light for the car?
    dunno, maybe, maybe not. if you can get the wheel weight from the manufacturer. that'll tell you if it's really light or not. some wheels are labled a certain way just to make them look special.

Experienced TGC Member
    Also to point out, SSR is either out of buisness, or in the process of closing shop.

BTW Reelax, arn't your shoes lightweight? I believe that most forged/3 peice wheels are pretty light.

theblackpearl
    this dude at my work has some rims that are ridiculously light i think so im going to ask him where he got them from...

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Also to point out, SSR is either out of buisness, or in the process of closing shop.

BTW Reelax, arn't your shoes lightweight? I believe that most forged/3 peice wheels are pretty light.
    naw SSR is still going strong, they're just not easy to get in the US. and my current wheels are "lighter" but not really considered lightweight... they are lighter than my KONIG 18's were (and about 10x as strong btw).