The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Addco rear sway bar for the 8G *UPDATE - THE NEW ONE FITS!*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    I got an email from the President at Addco and they finished the modifications on the new bar. The new bar was supposedly sent to the platers and it is supposed to ship out on Friday. I'll post here when I finally get it installed, assuming it fits.

sounds good thanks for the update
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Heeey!!! finally... hehe.. Hope everything fits perfect now.. then I can save up for one of these bad boys...
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>

So,whats the deal? I want one for my 99...Does it fit? Why no update since December/04?
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>So,whats the deal? I want one for my 99...Does it fit? Why no update since December/04?</div>

What a coincidence that you posted, because I finally got the new bar on Tuesday. After I was told the new one would be sent to me and I waited a couple weeks, I sent multiple emails, 'til finally I got an answer. This time around they came through and sent the new bar. I'm not sure when I'll be able to install it, it's too damn cold to get on a concrete floor. I matched it up to the old one, and the ends are shorter, but they might not be short enough. I'll post here as soon as I install it, assuming it fits.

OK,thanks for the update! Keep us posted... I guess it might be a little early to be asking about price,because it might be pointless until U see if it fits.
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

come on man get on it lol j/k glad they finally sent you another bar
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

chauGTZ
    man lets hope that thing fits! i want one!

What happened to our progress updates :?: :?

Trust me, I want to install it ASAP, but I was waiting for some new end links that came yesterday. When I was trying to install the first version of the bar the end links were rusted at the ends where you need to use an allen wrench. The proper size wouldn't fit due to the rust so I forced it and stripped it. Actually, anyone that has alot of rust under their cars might want to get some new end links too. I'm planning on installing the new bar this weekend.

Finally installed the new bar today and it fits.

Click here for a tutorial that I put together.

One thing that sucks is that when I start up the car, the exhaust piping rattles against the bar. Once the car is started, and when I'm driving, it doesn't rattle though. I have the Dynomax cat-back exhaust by the way. I'm pretty sure the stock exhaust will have plenty of room so it doesn't hit. I can raise my muffler up a bit by adjusting the hangers, so let's hope it's enough to get rid of the rattling.

sweet. now its time to buy a sway bar. any improvement from the new bar??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    awww man, i wanted the cat-back AND this sway-bar. let me know how it works out with moving the hanger. so how exactly do you plan to adjust the hanger? is it something easy? or is it kind of a custom fabrication sort of job?

How much is the bar going to cost us? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    sweet. now its time to buy a sway bar. any improvement from the new bar??
    I only went for a quick drive and I didn't hit many twisty roads. I did hit one on ramp with a sharp turn and it felt smoother than normal, but I can't really tell if it was due to the bar or what. I'll have to hit some more familiar curves to get a better feel.

Quote Originally Posted by cardude03
    awww man, i wanted the cat-back AND this sway-bar. let me know how it works out with moving the hanger. so how exactly do you plan to adjust the hanger? is it something easy? or is it kind of a custom fabrication sort of job?
    I don't plan on moving the hanger, just bending the ones attached to the ehhaust. I'll just bend them down so it brings the exhaust up. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking of getting something to wrap around the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus99
    How much is the bar going to cost us? :?:
    I'm not sure. I think the list price for it is around $160 or $170, but I got it for quite a bit cheaper for being the guinea pig and agreeing to do a tutorial. Do I smell a group buy?

http://dnaracing.net/catalog/product_info....f3e380bac534d21

Thank You David for being our Test Subject and stepppng to the plate when dealing with things with AADCO. I am glad to see things working out.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

"I'm not sure. I think the list price for it is around $160 or $170, but I got it for quite a bit cheaper for being the guinea pig and agreeing to do a tutorial. Do I smell a group buy?" Sounds good to me!

whoa... tite fit. does this rub or clank?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    whoa... tite fit. does this rub or clank?

Well, I already mentioned the exhaust, so I assume you mean the jack point. It does touch it a little, but so far I haven't heard any unusual clanking noises or anything like that. I have to give it a good test drive before I really say for sure though. It's supposed to snow tonight, so who knows when I'll take the Galant back out again.

I sent an email to Dan Osborne, the Vice President at Addco and the guy I've been dealing with, and I let him know the bar fit. I also showed him the tutorial I made and he said that he would have the ends of the bar forged thinner so that the nut for the end links can go on farther.

I also asked him about a group buy and whether or not people can be assured that they will get the correct bar if they ordered one right now, but he didn't respond to that part of my email.

Hey, does anone want the old Addco bar that doesn't fit? I think if you drill some new holes in the ends, it will fit. You may have to trim the end a little too, but maybe not. I would have tried it myself, but I was told that it won't be too easy to drill through the metal since it's probably heat treated after the holes were drilled, and that the metal would be too hard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast