The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: is it worth it?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    01GalantLSV6

is it worth it?

i see on tirerack.com that they have KYB GR2s for my 8G for 48 dollars per strut. first question is, do i just purchase the 4 struts and thats it? is all that i need to replace my blown stock struts (dropped on progress springs). do i need a strut boot or anything like that? also, the GB for the 3g eclipse KYB AGXs is 335 shipped, is it worth the extra 100 or so dollars to go with the AGX? i have the money to purchase either set but i just want to know if its really worth it

akiraflux
    is it worth 100? not sure. all bout quality. the agx is the next step up performance wise from the gr2. i dont see a point behind cheapin out on a suspension setup though.

It really depends on what you are looking for. The AGX's, even at the softest setting, will be rather stiff. If you are not looking for a real stiff ride and don't plan on adjusting the dampening at all, the GR2's may be better to go with. But, then again, the AGX's will probably last longer with an aggresive drop like the Progress springs give you.