The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheel opinions

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Mindless

Wheel opinions

I've pretty much narrowed it own to these two based on pricing, looks and weight:

16" Velox VX-8r in gunmetal (approximately 16 lbs each)

http://www.wheelsnext.com/product.phtml?p=588

17" RS Limited Concept Pro in gunmetal (approximately 17 lbs each)

http://www.wheelsnext.com/product.phtml?p=1160

The only thing that turns me against the Velox's is that it's a 16" wheel. On the other hand, I've had 16" wheels on the g before and they looked fine. The VX-8r is lighter, but the RSL is slightly cheaper. I can get the Velox's for $525 shipped (wheels only) while the RSL's will run me around $480.

Please, only opinions about the wheels not about how they might look on my car. Thanks.

I like the Velox.. don't sweat the size.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The Velox wheel would look real nice. The wheel looks even better in person.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Mindless
    Yeah, I like the velox's the best as far as design. I'm a little concerned with how 16's will look with a kit (since I'd be running a tire with a somewhat thick sidewall).

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if you're gonna get the 16s, you'll have to get 45s to fill up the little gap that 17s would take care of. only problem with 45s, taller sidewall = less responsive. i had 45s, then switched to 40s, all i can say is there is no way you could even force me to go back to 45s
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    u better get them 17s.. even tho the 16s do look nice, but too small

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    When you put the kit on...and you plan to have the car lowered...with 16's and lets just say with 45 series tires....the car will be pretty low. 16's with 45's series will probably be equivalent to 17's with 40 series. Hopefully the Eracing kit won't be extremely low like the Erebuni...but still, probably can't really lower the car too much. I personally will be going 18" with 40 series...I dont really want to ride too low this time. 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Personally I like the RS Lim. better... they just look clean and simple. They look somewhere between the Enkei RSF2 and Konig Holes...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    When you put the kit on...and you plan to have the car lowered...with 16's and lets just say with 45 series tires....the car will be pretty low. 16's with 45's series will probably be equivalent to 17's with 40 series. Hopefully the Eracing kit won't be extremely low like the Erebuni...but still, probably can't really lower the car too much. I personally will be going 18" with 40 series...I dont really want to ride too low this time. 8)
    well I guess I'm SOL because I'm keeping my sportlines on.

So what tire size would you guys recomend on a 16" wheel? I don't want to have a low profile tire. Lo pros on a small wheel = gay.

Re: Wheel opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless
    I've pretty much narrowed it own to these two based on pricing, looks and weight:

16" Velox VX-8r in gunmetal (approximately 16 lbs each)

http://www.wheelsnext.com/product.phtml?p=588

17" RS Limited Concept Pro in gunmetal (approximately 17 lbs each)

http://www.wheelsnext.com/product.phtml?p=1160

The only thing that turns me against the Velox's is that it's a 16" wheel. On the other hand, I've had 16" wheels on the g before and they looked fine. The VX-8r is lighter, but the RSL is slightly cheaper. I can get the Velox's for $525 shipped (wheels only) while the RSL's will run me around $480.

Please, only opinions about the wheels not about how they might look on my car. Thanks.
    i have a better idea. buy my wheels.

17's all the way. Anything else would be uncivilized.