The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OBX, GReddy, or Freedom Design

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    Yeah, I have the OEM Eclipse bar as well, and you can't bolt it to the firewall on the Galant. The brackets that bolt the bar to the firewall of the Eclipse are welded onto the bar already. You can see them in wanderingpinoy's pics. I've thought about possibly fabricating some bars or whatever that would connect to those brackets and the firewall on the Galant, but I don't know how to go abot doing it in a way that would actually be beneficial.

Sideshow
    Just got the factory strut bar for the 3g eclipse for 60 bucks. This price includes The bar, Left and Rights brackets, and the Nuts and bolts. Got it from Fairfield Mitsubishi

Hi people ... I know all of you probably have USDM Galants but does anyone know of a strut bar that actually fits a Euro spec/JDM Galant?

I've heard the Eclipse -00 bars are supposed to fit the USDM G but is there any likeness with mine?

Thanks.

And I prolly need to search, yeah thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock
    Hi people ... I know all of you probably have USDM Galants but does anyone know of a strut bar that actually fits a Euro spec/JDM Galant?

I've heard the Eclipse -00 bars are supposed to fit the USDM G but is there any likeness with mine?

Thanks.

And I prolly need to search, yeah thanks
    I don't think a USDM strut bar will fit a JDM/World spec Galant. You should try looking for stuff made by Cusco. I know they make a bunch of parts for the JDM Galant, especially suspension parts.

BILLET
    i belive DC make one as well i think Nelson has it if i'm not mistaken and it looks good and very stiff

TGC Regular
    i believe the one that you are referring to Billet, is the RRE strut bar, which is kinda rare, and althought nelson did have it, he sold it to someone else, cant remember who.

Quote Originally Posted by cardude03
    i believe the one that you are referring to Billet, is the RRE strut bar, which is kinda rare, and althought nelson did have it, he sold it to someone else, cant remember who.
    nope BILLET is right (we were gonna take it from NELSON's car when we were hanging ouf at SILLYASIANZ's house after MOD'05). DC makes a NEW strut bar for the 3G although i went on their site ( http://www.dcsports.com ) i found this:

Carbon Steel Strut Bar:

Mitsubishi Eclipse 2000-04 4 CYL. Only Part# CSB1003 coming soon $161.25
    Mitsubishi Eclipse 2000-03 V6 Only Part# CSB1002 coming soon TBA

this isn't the exact bar but it looks like this:

dammm the dc sports looks nice.. too

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    Carbon Steel Strut Bar:

What's up with that? They have it for the 4cyl and not the V6 yet. The bar should fit the same on both unless they have some strange design.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    Carbon Steel Strut Bar:

What's up with that? They have it for the 4cyl and not the V6 yet. The bar should fit the same on both unless they have some strange design.
    that's what i'm thinking because ive never seen a distinction in strut bars for the i4 and v6... but they have different part#'s.

edit: so i just called AEM/DC and the difference is engine clearance... but they haven't even test fit a v6 bar yet! so according to the manufacturer, the i4 is available in a limited release (pretty much just released) so far and the v6 is in R&D estimated a few months out. but this clearance issue based on the eclipse; it may or may not be different on the galant...

reelax. do you know if the v6 bar goes to the firewall like the oem bar or not?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Now I'm thinking, what if I custom-weld my oem eclipse strut bar to the firewall? Is there a huge difference? ...I'm guessing that it shouldn't cost more than $25 to get it welded...

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    reelax. do you know if the v6 bar goes to the firewall like the oem bar or not?
    no idea bro. i'm guessing no, but even if it did, it wouldn't reach in our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by icEbErg629
    Now I'm thinking, what if I custom-weld my oem eclipse strut bar to the firewall? Is there a huge difference? ...I'm guessing that it shouldn't cost more than $25 to get it welded...
    does it reach?

Quote Originally Posted by icEbErg629
    does it reach?[/quote]

The center of bar is about 5-inches from the firewall, could be a little bit more on the sides. I'm just thinking of welding some brackets that can be bolted to the firewall....

TGC Regular
    hmm, regarding billets comment, i retract my previous post, i did...NOT know that, lol. so nelson has the DC one, right now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12