The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 shuts down while drifting

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    95GalantLS

4g64 shuts down while drifting

My 95Galant with the 4g64 2.8L engine shuts down to what seems like idle when drifting, as soon as the car straightens out it will pick back up. Also at about 4000 rpms it statrs to miss. The more rpms you go the worse it gets. Whats my problem? :?

not sure what the problem is, but where did you get a 2.8L engine, lol...sorry. i think that was a type-o. hopefully someone on the site can help you out.

95GalantLS

oops

ok OOOPS ..... 2.4L :oops:

8G_GTZ
    stick or manual?.....lol j/p, but seriously stick or auto? if it's a stick, are you missin? and why are you drifting anyways?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    drifting? you mean ass dragging? it might be a fuel issue since all the fuel is sloshing to one side or the other, keep in mind the fuel pump is on the top of your fuel tank near the front of the car. maybe also an oil issue? i have no idea. only cars i see who have problems with ass dragging is neons and the local Hyundai "racing" team cause those guys are pushing 90hp and can't even get to 60, let alone ass drag a corner.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

95GalantLS
    Automatic tranny. I found this problem out while playing out on the back 100 acres of private property. NO COPS or other cars

95GalantLS
    LMAO Yes I mean ass dragging . And it does seem to make since of fuel starving with side g's. But running the black top is fun when you can pull the e-brake get it sliding then release and gas and around the curve you go.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95GalantLS)</div><div class='quotemain'>LMAO Yes I mean ass dragging . And it does seem to make since of fuel starving with side g's. But running the black top is fun when you can pull the e-brake get it sliding then release and gas and around the curve you go.</div>

it is fun as hell, i used to do it, just doesn't quite beat real drifting. you also need a lot more room than a RWD car to ass drag a turn due to the fact you're just relying on momentum.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

95GalantLS

Legal Notice

But I do need to point out I am 33 years old and am doing this on private roadway not public highways. So for all you younger kids out there I DONT CONDONE this public highways. And I buy my own tires.

omg i hope nobody goes backwards on highways :shock:

8G_GTZ
    i have...what a nightmare