The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002+ Chrome emblem

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

2002+ Chrome emblem

My friend just gave me one for my birthday wheee so happy, I hope he reads this too lolz.

Question is how do I install it? Just the same way I shave my emblems? Shave the Red Diamond off? then what? What about the holes how can I get it off?

Anyone that did it and can help me it would be cool.

Thx

If it's the same size, it should be a direct replacement. The new emblem should also have the 2 pins that go into the holes. It should also come with the adhedsive backing. If it doesn't, get yourself some outdoor 3M doublesided sticky tape (the gray colored one) and cut to fit.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

to get the old one off would I need to pry the 2 pins off or would it easily pop off?

I pulled mine off with fingers has have many but also have heard ingenious ways to cut through the adhesive. Some have used fishing line to credit cards. I used a razor blade carefully cutting the adhesive when I pulled it out far enough to do so with the blade. If memory serves me correct, the pins are on the 2 bottom diamonds. And since the pins are plastic... I don't remember if they just loosened up or just snapped off, LOL... but they did come out. You can also get an idea of where they are by looking on the inside of the trunk lid. Also, don't worry about the excess left over adhesive on the body. You can easily pick and rub off with your fingers afterwards before putting on the new one (well, at least is was for me). Good luck.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i just pulled mine off also....cleaned the old glue off, then stuck the new one in...about the pins...where they are on the chrome one, is where they are on the red one. i think when i pulled mine off, i also pushed the 2 pins from the other side to help it pop off.

Got mine done today. I broke the studs on the old red emblem oh well..
    but the new chrome one is so friggin hot!

hehe

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gladiator)</div><div class='quotemain'>Got mine done today. I broke the studs on the old red emblem oh well..
    but the new chrome one is so friggin hot!

hehe </div>

yes it is.

...U N D E A D...