The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Worth It ???'s (Really need answers to last ? 8/6/04)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39

Worth It ???'s (Really need answers to last ? 8/6/04)

I was looking on ebay and found these headers, are they worth the money and is the HP increase noticable. THANKS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

Is this the best cold air intake I can get or is there something better
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38634

I also wanted your guys opinions too: I have a light blue 03 G and I want to get the brightest low dim lights (not TOO expensive) and maybe bigger fog lights if that is possible.
    What color would look better, blue or white?
    Could you get me to a site with good prices?
    Make sure there BRIGHT !

THANKS
    No more Galant. Hello G35 and a GREAT BIG HELLO TO MY TURBO! :)
    <><>www.freesurveymoney.webs.com<><>
    Earn easy money, NO you do NOT need a credit or debit card!! Free
    I have proof upon request

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Weapon R intakes suck ass, dont even fit right on most cars. Avoid em.

As far as the header goes, I asked about those the other day, people told me that they are OK but eventually they will rust up because they arent ceramic coated. I guess the header from Ripp is the best way to go, or the header from RPW. They are more $$ but give proven results..

Headlights... all I did was get a pair of 7000k bulbs and they look sharp. Like 15 bucks shipped for mine.

I'd avoid anything produced by weapon R if I were you, like the sers...mentioned if you buy something buy weapon R you will end up paying for the same part again just from a different vendor.

http://www.adventon.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&...ctGroup_ID=2216

the 3g eclipse intakes will fit the galant.

aem is a good brand. just click the add to cart button to see the discounted price.

with all that said. why pay more for something that sucks when you can get something better for cheaper

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

if i were you i would price match that on sounddomain/cardomain it'll be cheaper than 200 and something that that site has it for.
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

thanks for the help everyone !!!
    anyone have some opinions on if I should get white or blue headlights ?
    sorry but, whats the diff. between cold air intake and short ram intake? which is better?
    I am really wanting to get a exhaust system soon and what do you guys suggest, I want a moderately loud DEEP sound ?
    THANKS AGAIN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(digital_ripper04)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks for the help everyone !!! Â*
    anyone have some opinions on if I should get white or blue headlights ?
    sorry but, whats the diff. between cold air intake and short ram intake? which is better?
    I am really wanting to get a exhaust system soon and what do you guys suggest, I want a moderately loud DEEP sound ?
    THANKS AGAIN</div>

As far as the headlights, its your personal preference as to which color you want. I have Nokya H4 Artic Blue headlights and they are a fairly good combination of white and blue. For only 20 bucks it was a great pickup.

A cold air intake extends down right in front of the left front wheel, tucked inside the bumper. It supposedly is able to suck cooler air into your engine, thus making it preform better than a short ram intake. This being said, a short ram extends to the left front of the engine bay, right in front of the headlight assembly. I have a cold air intake, but im sure i dont see more than 1-2hp (if any at all) more than a short ram intake. On a side note, the short ram will be a little louder than the CAI because its situated closer to you. I suggest AEM or Injen.

As far as exhaust systems, there are not many options to choose from. There a couple companies which have made full exhasut systems for our cars, but from what I hear they still have some fitment issues. I suggest you just get a muffler with additional custom piping from the cat back.

Run a search to find more detailed information regarding these matters.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(COgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Run a search to find more detailed information regarding these matters.</div>

Said perfectly..

so you do get a little more hp from your cai. I have also heard that short ram intake is safer, so what should I go for, still a little confused.

On my last car I got some Silverstar lights for my car and they were not too good/bright. Could someone please tell me a brand and specefic name/model of some of the brightest white bulbs I can get except HIDS.
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by digital_ripper04
    so you do get a little more hp from your cai. I have also heard that short ram intake is safer, so what should I go for, still a little confused.

On my last car I got some Silverstar lights for my car and they were not too good/bright. Could someone please tell me a brand and specefic name/model of some of the brightest white bulbs I can get except HIDS.
    thanks again
    I think I got a little more hp with my CAI than the short ram. The short ram is not necessarily safer, unless of course your CAI is completly submerged in water. I have driven around in some fairly heavy rainstorms with my CAI and not one problem has occured.

As far as headlight bulbs, the best your gonna get w/o going HID is the PIAA bulb series. I believe they are called the Super Plasma's. They will however run you around 90 dollars.

Note* Make sure if you do buy a CAI, that your intake filter itself is SECURELY fastened to your tubing, as I learned the hard way that the filter and the front left tire to not go together well at 30mph.

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    a CAI will give you a lot more top end power, kill your low end power, and give you a grumblier engine sound. a ram air intake will give you more lower end power, but your top end will suck, and the engine will be a little more high pitched. when i put my ram air setup back on, i could peel out a lot easier than when i had the CAI. with the CAI, it was almost impossible to peel out or even chirp.

as far as headlights, keep in mind when you get hyperwhites (like all the bulbs mentioned above) you will loose brightness, but the light will be whiter. if you want something 4-5 times brighter than hyperwhites and almost 10 times brighter than halogen, get HIDs, which are pure white or blue-toned and extremely bright.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

damn this sucks, I guess I will have to go with a ram air intake because I would much rather have more low end power

damn this sucks, I guess I will have to go with a ram air intake because I would much rather have more low end power

I'm sure peano you have had experience with both, but from my experience, the short ram is not going to give that much of a noticable gain in the low end...nothing short of a supercharger/turbo/built NA engine will in our cars. The gain in the top end from the CAI is much more noticable than the low end gain from the short ram. From about 3800 rpm and up, even in first gear, my I4 w/ CAI pulls very nice, better than other I4 galants i have been in with a short ram intake. Additionally, the sound of the CAI is far superior to that of the short ram in my opinion. I'm not bashing the short ram by any means, but I just feel that overall, the CAI gives more noticable gains.

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

Quote Originally Posted by COgalant

I'm sure peano you have had experience with both, but from my experience, the short ram is not going to give that much of a noticable gain in the low end...nothing short of a supercharger/turbo/built NA engine will in our cars. The gain in the top end from the CAI is much more noticable than the low end gain from the short ram. From about 3800 rpm and up, even in first gear, my I4 w/ CAI pulls very nice, better than other I4 galants i have been in with a short ram intake. Additionally, the sound of the CAI is far superior to that of the short ram in my opinion. I'm not bashing the short ram by any means, but I just feel that overall, the CAI gives more noticable gains.
    yeah, that's something i forgot to mention, and that was pretty dumb of me considering it's the most relative point. a CAI will give you a more noticeable power gain overall compared to the ram air. like, with the CAI, you'll get more top end power compared to the more low end power you'll get from the ram air.

it'd probably still be better to get a ram air because the galants pull so well on the highway we just need a little more low end kick. but then again that extra top end pull is awesome and gives you more power in the end. personally, i'd go with the CAI, but right now i have to have the ram air for the nitrous.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Hey Peano...so what your saying is you cant run Nitrous with a CAI??

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

Quote Originally Posted by COgalant
    Hey Peano...so what your saying is you cant run Nitrous with a CAI??
    you can, it's that a CAI is a little more restrictive than ram air, because of the obvious long pipe. a few DSMers were saying that with CAI there's a bit of lag (we're talking half to a 1/4 of a second) when you spray with perfectly purged lines because the CAI is so restrictive. i didn't really understand it all that well, it wasn't a big deal, it's just that when i took out my CAI and put my ram air back in, it was more of a potent push at the beginning of a spray and it enacted quicker.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

O ok that makes sense...looks like i'll be switching to short ram in about 2 months :twisted:

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

today I went to this smart guys shop I was referred to (he has the fastest car in utah, I think) http://addit2yourtoy.com and he was telling me to get ram air intake because cold air would not help because its gets the air from below and our streets are so hot in the summer time so it would not do much and other things like that. He also was saying if I got headers it would cause more problems in time to come. ????? any of this sound right?

today I went to this smart guys shop I was referred to (he has the fastest car in utah, I think) http://addit2yourtoy.com and he was telling me to get ram air intake because cold air would not help because its gets the air from below and our streets are so hot in the summer time so it would not do much and other things like that. He also was saying if I got headers it would cause more problems in time to come. ????? any of this sound right?
    The theory of the CAI sounds about right. AEM and Injen intakes take a lot of curves between the filter and the throttle body. So by the time the air gets there, it's hot anyway. I have a Falken intake, which has less curves and the filter sits higher in the bumper. I also have an oversized throttle body with a throttle body spacer to reduce the heat. You really wont notice that much difference between WAI and CAI. When I go to the track, I switch to WAI and remove my drivers side headlight for a better ram effect.

As far as headers go, I had the first set of Galant headers in the US, made by RPW. I've had them for three years and have had absolutely no problems. No rust-through, no SES light, no burned out O2 sensor. If you know what you're doing (or have a shop that does) you won't have any problems with headers.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

http://store.racinglab.com/lightbulbs.html

(1**)what are the brightest lights I can get from this page other than the PIAA's.

I have tried to do a search to find out my ?'s but,
    (1)what does all these model numbers mean like 9006, H4, H8 ect.

(2)Will I see a big difference from the $30 lights to the $70 lights?

(3)What fits our cars (2003 G)

(4)"Color temperature 4,500 Kelvin, 12V60/55W, Brightness 135/125W" what should I look for in this, is the brightness the most important?

(5)Will I have to buy another pair for my fog lights ?

SORRY for being such a n00b !! thanks for all the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast