The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dying and weird reving

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    NinjaWarGod

So far so good

A week ago, i put a engine restorer in my car and the reving up and down has seem to go away. I dont know why or if it is a fluk and it will come back in a couple of days, but as of now the engine seems to start good and doesnt die and the reving when i am still ,at a stop light or something of anohter, hasnt occured lately. I am hoping that this is a cure and that it wont come back but who knows. The Engine Restorer that I bought comes in a Silver Steal can with a Pull top, you wont notice anything at first but after a few miles you will. If the reving comes back i will post another message complaining about it.

Livn2sk8
    Ninja, I've used that stuff before, works wonders!!! used it in my old VW ....fixed my issues quickly, and it restores compression!!!

reving...

I used to have that problem. Mine is from 1000 to 3000 rpm rev up and down on idle. Check engine light is ON. I have a 96 7gen MT. I went to the junk yard and stole a throttle body and I replaced my old one. Idle problem/reving disappeared so as the check engine. I also changed my O2 sensor.
    I'm selling my G

NinjaWarGod

darnit

Man! it looks like i am going to have to take off my throttle body and clean it. It dies when i start it again. Does anyone Know what performance throttle i can put on it and the size; also, i've been having a problem with my radaitor fan, i cant find a fan that fits my coolent fan. i have been to the mitsubishi dealership and have tried three fans in the past three weeks and none of them fit, two were two big and the last too small, does anyone have a link to a site that shows the fan for the mitsubishi galant 95 es automatic. Or the whole coolent fan assembley that i could purchase.

Livn2sk8
    www.mitsubishiparts.com

click on the OEM catalog.....might find what you need under "cooling"

brandon
    If you want to upgrade your TB, you can get a 1G Eclipse 60mm.

For more info you can use Rob's tutorial:

http://jipownz.topcities.com/tbmod.htm

NinjaWarGod

Thanks

Thanks Brandon for the infomation as we speak i am looking for both parts.

NinjaWarGod

Ok Guys i took it off

I took of my throttle body and it was filthy, it was pitch black. My new question is that, the inside of my header is pitch black as well do i need to clean that, i am sure that i do but i am not sure, need some feed back because i am about to take it off.

BlankMan
    You could clean it - but you won't get all the carbon buildup and what you do get you won't notice as far as performance, etc. Not unless you buildup is significantly restricting the exhaust flow, that is.

BTW - how did you see inside your header by taking off the TB?

J

Livn2sk8
    Maybe he means his intake manifold???Hopefully, otherwise...your TB is in the wrong spot bud!

haha

NinjaWarGod

whoops

i am sorry, i meant my intake manifold. Yeah the carbon build up was horrible, i took it off and I am trying to clean it, guys you wouldnt believe it everything, was coated with thick black crap, the senors, the injectors were filthy, everything was just dirty. It sucks that everything was dirty because this is a newer engine. Well tomorrow i am going to put everything back into place hopefully i dont destory or mess up anything. Wish me Luck.

NinjaWarGod

Misson Sucess

For the first time, i have ever worked on a car and on the dreaded Friday the 13th. I Jared aka NinjaWarGod have accomplised the impossible ,i have fixed my car. I want to thank all of you that helped me out because i would have never had the confendence nor the knowledge to do it without you guys. My car is running great (so Far at least), the engine check light is off as well. Something also funny happen today the people at autozone wanted to charge me $10 plus $7 for shipping for a intake manifold gasket, my father and i were like "$h!t yeah right" We Went down the street to O'rielys and bought one for a $1.97. Well if my car breaks down anytime soon i will write back about it and complain. Thanks again for the help. Peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12