The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power Steering/TPS? related???

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Livn2sk8

Power Steering/TPS? related???

for those of you, who still have your power steering...I have a question....

I know this might just be a coincidence...but...ever since I adjusted my TPS my steering feels, at least...for the first minute or two of driving.....feels like there isn't any power steering? I'm really baffled....there are no noises coming from the engine bay, (like when you run out of fluid)...the only noises i'm getting are a slight *clicking* inside on the steering column...and I don't know what that is....that noise started before this "coincidence"....soo, if any of you have experienced this, or know what i'm going through......please let me know, as i'm confused!!!

brandon
    Mine started to do that a few weeks ago... still not sure why, but it only seems to occur if I'm taking a right hand turn.

Perhaps strange things are about... :shock:

Livn2sk8
    Hmmmm....Perhaps..... :?

Experienced TGC Member
    I just remembered after my headswap I drove around for a few days with no TPS atatched to the TB and everything (inlcuding power steering) worked except the tranny didnt want to shift.

So I doubt its TPS related. I assume you have checked the fluid..maybe the tie rod ends are binding up?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon