The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exhaust opinions....

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

exhaust opinions....

im looking for an exhaust, but not too loud, more deep then loud..and im looking to spend like 350 installed?? any suggestions ideas??
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

ThaKiDThaTWinS
    In my opinion...Remus is the hottest...with out a doubt!

Are you looking for a catback or just a muffler? There are no catbacks made for the Galant, but there is a group buy going on to get one made, so that is an option. Otherwise, depending on the muffler you want, a shop will charge you a pretty penny for a custom catback. As far as mufflers go, I love my 5Zigen Fireball. It's nice and deep but mellow and not too loud at all on my V6. Ofcourse that could change if I were to add catback piping or remove any resonators. The muffler goes for about $200 but it's one of the best sellers in Japan. My Father and I installed it ourselves. Click here.

Senior TGC Member
    I went with dynomax, 79 bucks plus 30 bucks install. Had to pay in cash though for the install discount hehe...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

can u guys me some sites to look at?
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

I wrote Magnaflow a couple of days ago, because they are making a catback for the 3G eclipse. And they said they are getting other responses from other Galant's as well. So they are going to look into it. I don't know what that means but I'll just pass the info on.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Are you looking for a catback or just a muffler? There are no catbacks made for the Galant, but there is a group buy going on to get one made, so that is an option. Otherwise, depending on the muffler you want, a shop will charge you a pretty penny for a custom catback. As far as mufflers go, I love my 5Zigen Fireball. It's nice and deep but mellow and not too loud at all on my V6. Ofcourse that could change if I were to add catback piping or remove any resonators. The muffler goes for about $200 but it's one of the best sellers in Japan. My Father and I installed it ourselves. Click here.
    I agree with u 100% because we both have the same exhaust.. There is nothing better than a 125mm 5ZIGEN FIREBALL..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by 99DE
    I wrote Magnaflow a couple of days ago, because they are making a catback for the 3G eclipse. And they said they are getting other responses from other Galant's as well. So they are going to look into it. I don't know what that means but I'll just pass the info on.
    99DE check out the GB for a BPE catback exhaust we will be using a MagnaFlow muffler.
    http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1152

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Tiller
    another vote for Remus... great sound, and excellent build quality...!

Quote Originally Posted by 2k2mitsu
    can u guys me some sites to look at?
    Check out http://www.groupbuycenter.com for mufflers. There is a buy going on for 5Zigen exhausts right now. The FB-125 universal muffler is $209.99 with free shipping. http://www.optauto.com has it for $210, but you need to pay for shipping.