The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rotors + brake pads *suggestions please*

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Rotors + brake pads *suggestions please*

Looking to upgrade from my shitty stock rotors, and need to replace my pads. Looking for quality items of both, if anyone wouldn't mind posting what they would recomends or wouldn't recomend, and an estimate on cost I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Experienced TGC Member
    Brembo Rotors (stay away from x-drilled or slotted) + Hawk Pads (stay away from EBC green/red stuff, neither is a good performance pad).

Know of any specials for the Brembo rotors going on any place by chance? Or any good deals?
    THanks for the reply.

Mathas
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Niytrus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Know of any specials for the Brembo rotors going on any place by chance? Or any good deals?
    THanks for the reply.</div>

TireRack seems to have pretty decent prices, with Brembos ranging from $50/ea to $153/pr, depending on if you're looking at OEM replacement, slotted, or cross-drilled.

p.s. that link and pricing is for products for a 4cyl 8G. If you have a V6, click here

Great, thanks for the link.

Why don't you recomend xdrilled or slotted Jet?

Yeah, why not slotted nor x-drilled????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brembo Rotors (stay away from x-drilled or slotted) + Hawk Pads (stay away from EBC green/red stuff, neither is a good performance pad).</div>

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kamilw)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, why not slotted nor x-drilled????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brembo Rotors (stay away from x-drilled or slotted) + Hawk Pads (stay away from EBC green/red stuff, neither is a good performance pad).</div></div>

PM:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>X-drilled/slotted are not good for performance driving at all. The marginal cooling benefits are out weighed by the decreased strength, and more important, decreased surface area. X-drilled are notorius for cracking easly, and can destroy your pads (think of a cheese grater). Â*</div>

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/.../188_p13346.jpg

Take note of where all the cracks begin.

There are lots of factors that make it crack. Depending on material, size of holes, number of holes, placement of holes, design and construction of banes can all affect the reliability. Can't chalk all makes and models that have drilled rotors to crack... but can say that it is the one biggest factor for a chance for that to happen. Other alternatives to the cross-drilled design are obviously slots and/or dimples (which are like holes but not drilled all the way through).

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

I got my brembo blanks at http://www.importrp.com, less than 35 bucks each, awesome deal.
    What is the meaning of life? 42.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AntimonyER)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got my brembo blanks at http://www.importrp.com, less than 35 bucks each, awesome deal.</div>

...please tell that you got a 7G... I got mine for 70$ @ tirerack.com.

BXNYMitsu01
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*(stay away from EBC green/red stuff, neither is a good performance pad).</div>

I have no problems with my EBC green stuff pads... Not sure where you got your info from on these pads. Did you have problems with them????

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*(stay away from EBC green/red stuff, neither is a good performance pad).</div>

I have no problems with my EBC green stuff pads... Not sure where you got your info from on these pads. Did you have problems with them????</div>

Oh no, you misunderstood my post. I have greenstuff as well, and they do work great, but their simply not a performance pad. Their awsome for everyday driving and a little track driving. Go on google and look up reviews of greenstuff.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AntimonyER)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got my brembo blanks at http://www.importrp.com, less than 35 bucks each, awesome deal.</div>

...please tell that you got a 7G... I got mine for 70$ @ tirerack.com.</div>

the i4 rotors are the ones that are less than 35 bucks. the v6 rotors are about 70 bucks cuz they are <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>BIGGGER</span>

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    The V6's front rotors are bigger? Wow never realised that, really suprising considering how tiny the stock ones are to begin with.

kifill

Drum Brakes to 4-Dics Brake

How feasible is this? and NO this isn't in the search so don't say check the search tool :?

Re: Drum Brakes to 4-Dics Brake

Quote Originally Posted by kifill

How feasible is this? and NO this isn't in the search so don't say check the search tool :?
    i won't even mention the search tool because the answer to your question is a STICKY at the top of this forum's thread list.

Click Click

No need to search, just gotta open your eyes.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

kifill
    Like I said.. the STICKY... SEARCH TOOL.. does not answer my question... if you look at the sticky the guy who posted just list parts and not process.. and even the parts are barely legible...
    :x

Quote Originally Posted by kifill
    Like I said.. the STICKY... SEARCH TOOL.. does not answer my question... if you look at the sticky the guy who posted just list parts and not process.. and even the parts are barely legible...
    :x
    Myself, Pinoy, and others have answered this in the past, so you should be able to find it in the search. Anyway, is it feasable? Yes. Is it worth the money for all the parts and installation? In my opinion, No. Even if you get all the parts you need from an Eclipse or Galant at a junk yard, and do the install yourself, it's still not really woth it to me performance wise. Of course it looks better, so if that's your main reason for doing it, then go for it. Otherwise, the only other reason to do it is if you were planning on racing your car.

another thing to consider with doing a drum to disc conversion is you can do your own brake pad change at alot cheaper then having to replace your rear shoes at alot more. I was qouted $225.00 to replace my rears.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

kifill
    Thanks guys, I thik I've seen the ligth. NON-ABS is here to stay... but alast.. the MOD BUG keeps buting... stay tuned... looking into a turbo-kit, CAI, and exhaust mod