The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo questions

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    56chop

turbo questions

ok im looking to put a turbo on my car buy the end of the year but i had a few questions i now that ripp or someone makes one for a 8g 4cyl but thats like 3 grand and i think i could piece on together for cheaper
    1) will an intercooler fit in our cars if so who makes it
    2) should i just use a stock turbo from an eclipse or go get one somewhere else if so where
    3)what kinda special parts will i need( turbo manny bigger injectors if so what size)
    4) can i use the cai intake i have or do i need to replace it.
    5) where can i buy the tubeing for it
    6) do i need to replace the ecu

please le t me know your input on this im not really familure with turbo systems

56chop
    come on gus i need some help here

johnnyBgood
    I may have most of what you are looking for. Email me at [email protected] and I will let you know.

01GalantLSV6
    first off, ripp makes a supercharger system for the 8G not a turbo setup. secondly, all you need for a forced induction setup as far as intake goes is a filter. thirdly, intercoolers are not designed make-specific. it all depends on what size piping you want and what you can fit inside your front bumper. you certainly can piece together a turbo setup for the 4g64 for less then 3 grand, but you must know what your doing.

brandon
    Also, most of your questions can be answered here:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/search.php