The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 30 amp fuse blowing out

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    mrteacha

30 amp fuse blowing out

guys the 30 amp fuse in the underhood fuse box keeps blowing on me. The label says its C/F so im assuming its cooling fan. I checked the wires leading to them to make sure none are frayed or exposed they all check out fine. any idea why this might be happening???thanx

Experienced TGC Member
    Assuming the wires are all fine, there may be a short in the fan motor itself.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

mrteacha
    looked through the chilkton manual yesterday (wasnt m uch help) but the "c/f" is the condensor fan- now im lost. the fans directly behind the radiator are the cooling fans, where is the condensor fan? the manual didnt have anything on the condensor fan, except for a brief definition. couldnt give me an exploded view or a location for it. help

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrteacha)</div><div class='quotemain'>looked through the chilkton manual yesterday (wasnt m uch help) but the "c/f" is the condensor fan- now im lost. the fans directly behind the radiator are the cooling fans, where is the condensor fan? the manual didnt have anything on the condensor fan, except for a brief definition. couldnt give me an exploded view or a location for it. Â* help</div>

The Condensor fan is part of your A/C.

mrteacha
    The Condensor fan is part of your A/C.[/quote]figured that out after reading the definition in the manual...thanx
    the complete a/c system is not covered for some reason.happen to know where it is in the 7g also can it be disabled without affecting driveability of the car?-say unplug it ,so it wont cause the fuse to keep blowing

The condeser fan on our cars is the fan that is closest to the battery on the passenger side. If you disconnect this fan your car will overheat, one fan is not enought to keep it cold if over 80. I had done some experiments, also, your trotle will be affected because the fan is also connected to the temp sensor on the engine.

Chec kEbay for a new fan. I think I saw one the other day.

mrteacha
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rfpa1)</div><div class='quotemain'>The condeser fan on our cars is the fan that is closest to the battery on the passenger side. Â* If you disconnect this fan your car will overheat, one fan is not enought to keep it cold if over 80. Â* I had done some experiments, also, your trotle will be affected because the fan is also connected to the temp sensor on the engine.

Chec kEbay for a new fan. Â*I think I saw one the other day.</div>would a fan assembly from an eclipse or even an avenger work? they have em listed for $.99 but for the galant the cheapest they come is $35 I FIGURED SINCE THESE CARS ALL HAVE THE SAME ENGINE THEY MIGHT ALSO HAVE THE SAME FAN ASSEMBLIES

Experienced TGC Member
    The fan electronics wise from an eclipse will work, but the actual fan mountings may be different since they use a different radiator then ours. I'm sure you can come up with a way to mount it without much work, but depends on how good you are at that sorta stuff.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon