The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 235/40/18??

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

235/40/18??

has anyone tried puttin 235/40's on their 18s? i know 235/35/19's fit on G's with the right offset....so in theory i shouldnt run into problems i guess...but just wonderin if anyone's tried it
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

that would be me. i got that size tires on my 8.5 inch wide 18 inch bbs wheels.

they fit. a lil too well i think. they raised up my car about a half of an inch all the way around from stock height.

like i said, i got 8.5" wide rims and on the back, there's no way i can get even an inch without it rubbing.

my advice. don't do it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

well, my rims are 7.5....but i doubt that would make much difference....
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

in my rear well i'll first rub in the inside. since my wheels are really wide. you probably won't have this problem. but the fender is different. i got like a 2 finger gap in the rear with an empty trunk, half tank of gas and at stock height.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i see...well, i have a 1 1/2 finger gap with full tank of gas...my system in the trunk and eibach pro-kit drop...ah hell...ill just stick with 225s...lol
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragonGTZ
    i see...well, i have a 1 1/2 finger gap with full tank of gas...my system in the trunk and eibach pro-kit drop...ah hell...ill just stick with 225s...lol
    good choice, 235s are really two wide to fit nicely on a Galant anyhow, especially on 7.5" rims. 8.5s are a stretch.

8ggalant
    ive had 235s on the rear (took em off my silvia which was staggered), with intrax springs (2.0drop in back) no rubbing...ever...even with peeple back there...and the rims were 7.5j....u have to think about offset to