The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: coilovers

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    stormcruiser

yo 2 true

I am wondering about the camber kit.....I know that things fixes the negative tilt and stuff but theses stuff cost quiet a bit. If i am getting eibach which lowers 1.5 in front and 1 in the rear, I don't need em right? Hows other people? Did anyone got eibach or spring and got a camber kit?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChuBBs)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks i appreciate it!!! where can i get aftermarket struts? what about a camber kit?</div>

Try tirerack.com for the struts, for the camber kit I got the Intrax kit from a local shop... it was for the 97 Eclipse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stormcruiser)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I am wondering about the camber kit.....I know that things fixes the negative tilt and stuff but theses stuff cost quiet a bit. If i am getting eibach which lowers 1.5 in front and 1 in the rear, I don't need em right? Hows other people? Did anyone got eibach or spring and got a camber kit? Â*
    </div>

aahh, since this is going to remain at the top of this forum I guess we might as well cover it all then, huh.
    I had Eibach springs before my Skunk2's, never bought a camber kit for those. The Eibach springs only cause about 1 degree of negative camber, in my opion, not worth correcting for $80 dollars. They offer it just to make the install perfect if you want it.
    A 2-3-4" drop is gonna cause increasingly more negative camber, this is when the tops of your wheels point inward towards the car. The 7g only needs this correction in the back wheels, usually. This amount of camber will KILL your tires! It is best to correct it. They are expensive but so are new tires every couple thousand miles
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

schick
    Gee, another question.

One of the main reasons to get coil-overs is to be able to change the ride height.
    but as you change the height, the camber will also change.
    The question is: What do you set the camber at?
    If you set your coil-overs to 1.5" and adjust the camber, if you change the ride height to, say 2.5", would you have to get your camber changed again (alignment job)?
    Or would the best approach be to set the camber to the average (middle hight) for your coil-overs. (ie: if you have coil-overs that adjust from 1" to 3", adjust camber for 2")

Thanks

MitsuMan
    My best recomendation is to have the alignment set for the street and either use adjustable lower spring seats or clips that'll allow you to raise it and lower the lower seat precisely. The toe-in would be off for the lowered position, but if each corner is dropped the same amount, you should pick up some camber that you desire for the car.

maroongalant
    Ok I have 18 inch rims on my galant and i wanted to lower it. So will coilovers be enough, or will i need all that other stuff you all r talking about.

MitsuMan
    it will be fine, but you have to understand, the lower you go the more stress is put on your car, struts are something you will have to look for in the near future, also if u go mor ethen a 2-2.5 in. drop ur wheels might camber requiring you to get a camber kit to correct this....basically your wheels will look like //----\ or \----// and the camber makes them look like ||---|| (normal again) do a search if u need more info this topic has been covered about 100 times before....hope it helped,

dean