The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: warning light help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    87galant

warning light help

does anyone know what this warning light is, or how to turn it off?
    its the picture on the left under 87galant, i had to put it there cause i dont know how to put it in the post.
    i thought it meant blown fuse or something, but the fuses are sweet so i dont have a clue ive only had my galant for about 3 weeks, and the only problem i have with it is this warning light that constantly stays on.

Benzo.
    On Other Cars Like The Eclipses and Talons, Thats The Sign For The Radiator... Check Your Radiator Fluids...

87galant
    ok i checked the radiator fluid it was sweet but the overflow was almost overflowing so i tipped out the excess till it was just below the full mark on the overflow container, but the light still stays on, any other ideas?
    maybe i didn't check it properly, all i did was take off the radiator cap, the fluids seemed fine, then tipped out the excess overflow, should i have done something else?

marktheblake

Re: warning light help

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(87galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>does anyone know what this warning light is</div>

This light has a very special meaning;
    ''theres something wrong with your galant, go and get it fixed"

If you do a search on this forum you will find some discussion on it. There is a 'data' connector next to your interior fusebox., hook up a multimeter to get a reading from the codes that are being transmitted. Then you look up a reference table to decipher the code - its not difficult, the code starts with a long signal and finishes with a short and repeats itself. long = 10, and short = 1. so long, long, short, = code 31.

However the URL that this table existed on has dissappeared off the net, so unless someone has kept a copy of it, we're up the creek - unless Mitsubishi would be so kind to provide us with it. Otherwise you may be stuck with taking it to a mechanic.

Mine was going off for ages, then all of a sudden the temp guage hit the roof. The thermostat wasnt working properly and the radiator fan wasnt kickin in. i got all that fixed before it was too late and the warning light has not shown up since. So at least that gives you an idea why you shouldnt be thinking about turning it off!

87galant
    okay i just went and checked the radiator fan, and it turns out theres 2, and only one of them was working, i figured one of them was for the radiator and the other for air conditioning?, so i turn off the air con and the one that was working stopped. so i've got a couple questions...

1. do you think the light means my radiator fan isnt working?

2. is the radiator fan supposed to work 24/7 or does it only come on when the engine starts to get a little hot? (the car was cold when i checked it)

orangbaligila
    both work w/ temp, but one have a by-pass swith that turn the fan on when a/c is on

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(87galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay i just went and checked the radiator fan, and it turns out theres 2, and only one of them was working, i figured one of them was for the radiator and the other for air conditioning?, so i turn off the air con and the one that was working stopped. so i've got a couple questions...

1. do you think the light means my radiator fan isnt working?

2. is the radiator fan supposed to work 24/7 or does it only come on when the engine starts to get a little hot? (the car was cold when i checked it)</div>

marktheblake
    Quote Originally Posted by 87galant
    2. is the radiator fan supposed to work 24/7 or does it only come on when the engine starts to get a little hot?
    it doesnt run 24/7, it will come on when its hot.