Clutch/Pressure plate
    Clutch master cylinder
    Clucth slave cylinder
    Clutch hydrolic line
    Clutch line
    Shifter assembley
    Shifter cables
    Shifter cable bracket
    4 metal clips to hold the shifter cables to the bracket and to the shifter assembly
    5spd Brake pedal assembly
    5spd Clutch pedal assembly

Thats pretty much the parts list ladies and gents. The place for the master cylinder is marked, just cut the holes out and bolt it up. Everything else just replaces the Auto stuff. You might need to wire up a relay for to be able to start the car, I am not sure. I know 4g64terror did something like that. Anywho here is his pics:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290548787
    (No you do not have to pull your motor, just drop the tranny stright down and jack the new one up)
    7g for life!

Re: Auto -> 5spd conversion...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    7g/2g turbo rear 5spd transmission perch
    Â*
    You might need to wire up a relay for to be able to start the car, I am not sure. Â*I know 4g64terror did something like that. </div>

94-96 the rear tranny mout stays the same it's the front 5speed mount u need. On 97-98 you just need the rear mount front stays the same.
    and your goingin to have to wire up a relay for the starter.
    just connect those two wires
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What plug is that?
    7g for life!

its a inhibitor switch

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i just looked at an OOOOOOLD post that had a link to 1g dsm auto to trannt conversion. they mentioned taking out the " auto computer." In thinking that our cars basically have a "computer" for everything, my question is.
    Is there a box we have to remove or replace that would get the car to recognize it is manual and not automatic. Then the car will start without having to "rig" it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just looked at an OOOOOOLD post that had a link to 1g dsm auto to trannt conversion. Â*they mentioned taking out the " auto computer." Â*In thinking that our cars basically have a "computer" for everything, my question is. Â*
    Is there a box we have to remove or replace that would get the car to recognize it is manual and not automatic. Â*Then the car will start without having to "rig" it.</div>

the point of "rigging" the car with the relay is because it's expecting to see an automatic there there in Park, and it's not. i believe the ignition won't throw to the other pole in the relay to allow you to start the car. and no, there is no use for an automatic ECU after the auto tranny is out, because the car no longer needs to shift the gears, you're doing all the work now
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> it's expecting to see an automatic there in Park, and it's not. Â*</div>
    My feelings is that something can be done differently to get it to expect manual. I guess what i'm trying to say is that there probably is something that is being overlooked when doing the swap whether it be ecu, a cable, or a wire that is connected differently. My bet is it's an ecu, or something computer wise on the car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> it's expecting to see an automatic there in Park, and it's not. Â*</div>
    My feelings is that something can be done differently to get it to expect manual. I guess what i'm trying to say is that there probably is something that is being overlooked when doing the swap whether it be ecu, a cable, or a wire that is connected differently. My bet is it's an ecu, or something computer wise on the car.</div>

you're completely forgetting the fact it takes about 3 minutes to make the car start up without the auto tranny in there. all it needs is a simple relay, and i think you can even cross wires on the existing relay that's there. the process is about as complicated as tying your shoes.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Are the axles the same? My pass side axle needs to be replaced pretty soon..But I plan to swap tranny's and rather not have to buy a galant spec axle, and then spendmore cash on one that fits the eclipse manual tranny.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

I couldnt get my 2g GST axles to fit into my 7g tranny. I never did count the spines though. I bought Raxles and they fit like a charm. I do not think there is a difference between 7g auto and 7g 5spd axles.

Also, how did you get your batter next to your strut tower? Where do you wire the relay to for the starter?
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'> I do not think there is a difference between 7g auto and 7g 5spd axles.

Also, how did you get your batter next to your strut tower? Â*Where do you wire the relay to for the starter?</div>

No diffrenct between 7g auto axles to manuel axles. you askin me bout the battery? well thats a eclipse. the connector is exactly the same as our 7g's. im jus to poor to afford a digi cam to take pics so i stole that one I have no relay i have wires running straight to a switch inside the car.

Experienced TGC Member
    I think our batt willfit in that area...but gonna have to install some brackets to hold the tray in place...probably better to weld the brackets inplace and bolt the tray down to it. And you may have to move the cruise control solenoids and crap thats in that corner...though I supose with 5spd there is no more cruise control right?
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Experienced TGC Member
    Why do gst axles not fit into the 7g tranny, but fit into the 7g hub??

O well looks like I'll be buying another set of axles when I swap tranny's.

My boot has been ripped on the drivers side for like 6 months now..I know the axle has got to be due to snap any day now...
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'> I do not think there is a difference between 7g auto and 7g 5spd axles.

Also, how did you get your batter next to your strut tower? Â*Where do you wire the relay to for the starter?</div>

No diffrenct between 7g auto axles to manuel axles. you askin me bout the battery? well thats a eclipse. the connector is exactly the same as our 7g's. im jus to poor to afford a digi cam to take pics so i stole that one I have no relay i have wires running straight to a switch inside the car.</div>

Which wires?
    7g for life!

i kinda want to get the s2000 style starter switch, but i just don't know which wires i need to fuck with, and the service manual isn't too helpfull in that department

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Which wires?</div>

Just some extra wire from thoes two black wires to a switch which allows the starter to engage. I'll have my own pics up soon of connectors that we dont need n some other stuff too.

01rbuild
    what would be the diff on 8g i need hlp plz

Pretty much the same concept. Cept things like the mounts may be the same between auto and 5spd. You still will most likely need to wire a relay for the starter and do the inibitor switch wiring. Its easy really, theres only one way to do it..
    7g for life!

***IMPORTANT ADDITON***

You will have to use a manuel tranny starter for your swap. the gear housing on the auto tranny is shorter then a manuel so it wont properly engage.

Thats what I figured. I have my auto starter on and test the starter on accident and it just spun lol. I have a 5spd starter on there now, should work great

Also it would be a wise decision to buy new 5spd flywheel bolts from www.slowboyracing.com or www.diamondstarmotorsport.com The auto ones are shorter then the 5spd ones says peano.
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast