The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Auto -> 5spd conversion...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 92
    hey peanotation i am confused in a way, the clutch kit that i told you about is for the galant's but the the clutch kit that you are telling me about is for the eclipse models, now i know that some eclipse models tranny fits on ours, i am planning on buying the ACT clutch kit on ebay but i just want to make sure that i buy the correct one.

Here's the clutch kit i flound on ebay
    ACT 2100 Clutch Kit DSM Eclipse 4G63 Turbo AWD FWD
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey peanotation i am confused in a way, the clutch kit that i told you about is for the galant's but the the clutch kit that you are telling me about is for the eclipse models, now i know that some eclipse models tranny fits on ours, i am planning on buying the ACT clutch kit on ebay but i just want to make sure that i buy the correct one.

Here's the clutch kit i flound on ebay Ā*
    ACT 2100 Clutch Kit DSM Eclipse 4G63 Turbo AWD FWD</div>

that one is fine. as long as it's for the turbo eclipse, it will fit. i'm saying to buy a clutch kit for the eclipse turbo because you'll never find one for a 5spd galant, and all the eclipse turbo clutches/flywheels fit perfectly.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

guys i have a question will the 420a tranny work in our engines or not

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    No, that engine is flipped like the 8gs. Check ebay. I bought a brand new slave cylinder for $12 shipped about 5 months ago :lauging:
    7g for life!

guys what about the eclipse gsx transmission, will it work with out 7g's

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    when looking at flywheels, what is the advantage of a resurfaced lightened flywheel. What have you heard about RRE lightened Flywheels

polo13199
    does anybody know of anywhere in NY that will do the auto to 5spd swap. I donĀ“t have the space tools or the room to do it myself. Although I would love to but. I can buy the parts if need be and have someone else do it if anyone knows where i can get it done.

Resurfaced = Used flywheel resurfaced to be almost new quality. Lightened, its less of a load for the engine to spin. Should rev faster and see a bit more hp to the ground.

Hit up bronxbmbr, he might be willing to do it...
    7g for life!

don't waste your time with lightened flywheels. i have actually seen a car where the flywheel shattered and pieces went right through the transmission bellhousing, the radiator, and through the hood all at once. because he used a lightened flywheel. when hey remove metal from the flywheel, the often make the flywheel structurally weaker.

instead, get a lightweight flywheel. you could buy a fidanzia aluminum, which are nice, but imo are too light for a daily driver. Probably the most durable and bang for the buck flywheel is an act chromoly streetlight, or whichever one is the 12 lb one.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

polo13199
    does anybody know of anywhere in NY that will do the auto to 5spd swap. I donĀ“t have the space tools or the room to do it myself. Although I would love to but. I can buy the parts if need be and have someone else do it if anyone knows where i can get it done.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>The master cylingder that i have on my car wont work, i will need a new master cylinder and slave cylinder, where can i get then at a good price, actually where can i get all those parts new at a fairly good price not the price the dealer gives us</div>

READ MY TUTORIAL!!!!!!!!

i tell you where to get a brand new master and slave for the cheapest anywhere. for the flywheel, if you want to get an OEM one, try searching all of the vendors i have under the basic vendor list, shopping.yahoo.com, ebay, froogle.com, and any online store you know to carry engine/tranny parts for cars.

i bought an act 2100 clutch, and thats the strongest you should get on a stock tranny.</div>

I have read and read your shit over and over again:) I dont think the ones that are serious about this will read it though.

The shit is Cake i and mad easy, can be done in under 7 hrs if everything is planned and all tools and necessary items are aquired.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>The master cylingder that i have on my car wont work, i will need a new master cylinder and slave cylinder, where can i get then at a good price, actually where can i get all those parts new at a fairly good price not the price the dealer gives us</div>

READ MY TUTORIAL!!!!!!!!

i tell you where to get a brand new master and slave for the cheapest anywhere. for the flywheel, if you want to get an OEM one, try searching all of the vendors i have under the basic vendor list, shopping.yahoo.com, ebay, froogle.com, and any online store you know to carry engine/tranny parts for cars.

i bought an act 2100 clutch, and thats the strongest you should get on a stock tranny.</div>

My 2600 works just fine with my stock trans. Grips like crazy. Its not that a 2600 is too strong or too tough for a stock trans, it just isnt very easy to control. A 2100 should be the highest ACT clutch you should go with unless you like hte pressure of a 2600.

But for me, if I did it again, I would go with one of SBRs clutches, they look awesome and retain near stock pedal pressure.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>The master cylingder that i have on my car wont work, i will need a new master cylinder and slave cylinder, where can i get then at a good price, actually where can i get all those parts new at a fairly good price not the price the dealer gives us</div>

READ MY TUTORIAL!!!!!!!!

My 2600 works just fine with my stock trans. Grips like crazy. Its not that a 2600 is too strong or too tough for a stock trans, it just isnt very easy to control. A 2100 should be the highest ACT clutch you should go with unless you like hte pressure of a 2600.

But for me, if I did it again, I would go with one of SBRs clutches, they look awesome and retain near stock pedal pressure.</div>

interesting, RRE and a few others say the 2600 isn't good for stock trannies since it has too aggressive of a bite. i guess too many people thought their busted trannies was from a 2600

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Ive never heard of a 2600 busting a 2g FWD trans. I wouldnt think the AWD trans is built any stronger then the FWD and they run 2600s all day long. Maybe Im just missing the facts, but my trans has held up so far and Im proud of that because I didnt know the condition of the trans when I put it in :lauging:

Wouldnt you tear up an axle before youd tear up the trans? I know FWD guys with drag slicks like to break axles.
    7g for life!

hey yall i did this.. no relay needed just jumpered the nutral safty switch.. that sipple in my 97 galant.. no mount needed either.. btw this is my first post and im hoping to have somepictures of my car.. got kyb adjustables and lowering springs.. plus 17 inch enkie rims.. :-D
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

its just has to do with tranny shock.
    its not going to do jack if you drive like you should, no abuse
    but during launches and power shifts is when the heavier clamping force can hurt the tranny.

since the 2600 has more bite, if you were to drop the clutch and hook up, more of the actual torque is going to hit the tranny immediatly.
    where as a less aggressive pressure plate would allow for "some" slippage so the shock to the tranny isnt as great.
    but really, none of these things are problems if you can't hook up.

as long as you stay with the act street disk or any other "sprung hub" organic disc, you can't do much damage to a tranny in a fwd, at least from launching. the springs act to dampen the torque load. you will notice that the next step up they replace the spirngs with polyurethane bushings that dampen, but less than springs. then the full race disks always have riveted hubs.
    with no dampening there, all the power from, the flywheel goes to the gearset, differential and axles. raising the chance that something will break.

when running an lsd and slicks on a fwd all these are a bigger factor. cause hooking up tests the limits of the drivetrain. and of course your tranny is only as strong as its weakest point. be that the 2 spyder differential, or the cv joint.

add that the more clutch the more drivability issues. for instance its going to be a bitch to keep the tires from spinning on a fwd with a 2900 pressure plate and 3 puck sintered iron clutch in the rain.

rule of thumb. get the least amount of clutch for the job.
    but make sure its going to be enough to hold your power goals

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ILL InFeCteD
    man that looks hard.
    How much would it run to have a shop do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ILL InFeCteD
    man that looks hard.
    How much would it run to have a shop do it.
    asked a shop in my area, they wanted $2,500 just for the labor

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I can do it if you have all the parts and i do mean all the parts. I'll charge you bout 750.

P.S. This thread seem like a blact form the past. Ask Goosey. Maybe he can help you with your quest to success.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast