The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Some Tint Answers

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Need Some Tint Answers

Ok, Right now I have 5% on all my back windows and I love it. My front however is at 50% and I am not liking it(its like why bother). The legal limit here is 42% or 43%, I cant remember which, I wanted to know from you guys is:

(1)If you have it past legal limit does it worry you that much about cops pulling you over?
    (2)Its not a moving violation right? (cant afford another allready have 4 :twisted: ) So you just pay the ticket right ?
    (3)What % should I go to, not too noticable but I should be happy with 25% 30% ( I am at 50% now)
    (4)I have someone that will pass me on emissions and inspections, no worries there

THANKS AGAIN sorry for all the ?'s
    No more Galant. Hello G35 and a GREAT BIG HELLO TO MY TURBO! :)
    <><>www.freesurveymoney.webs.com<><>
    Earn easy money, NO you do NOT need a credit or debit card!! Free
    I have proof upon request

in the 5 years iv had my G i'v only been pulled over once for my tint. i have %10 all around but when the cop tested it the meter thing read %7. im pretty sure the ticket is not a moving violation. ya i'd say go with %25 or %30. i doubt they would be able to notice the small difference between what you have now.

sweeeeeet any other opinions . . .

I got 12% all around, not quite as dark as limo, and you can still see out of it at night 8)

Re: Need Some Tint Answers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(digital_ripper04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, Right now I have 5% on all my back windows and I love it. Â*My front however is at 50% and I am not liking it(its like why bother). Â*The legal limit here is 42% or 43%, I cant remember which, I wanted to know from you guys is:

(1)If you have it past legal limit does it worry you that much about cops pulling you over?
    (2)Its not a moving violation right? (cant afford another allready have 4 Â*:twisted: Â*) So you just pay the ticket right ?
    (3)What % should I go to, not too noticable but I should be happy with 25% 30% ( I am at 50% now)
    (4)I have someone that will pass me on emissions and inspections, no worries there

THANKS AGAIN sorry for all the ?'s</div>

anyone know the answer to number 2 ?? thats a big concern for me

KNJGalant2002

No it's not a moving violation. It's an equipment violation or sometimes a fixer-upper depending on the cop. But that's in NY not sure how they are in other states so you might want to double check that to make sure.

i got 5 in the back which i love also and 35 in the front, which hasnt gotten me pulled over so far. Im over the limit in the front though

how would 12% look in the front windows, would people be able to see through them easily in the day time ?

does anyone know about 12 to 15 %

Like I already said, it's not as dark as 5%, it's a little lighter, so of course you can see in. Now, how well, that depends on conditions like time of the day, and how bright it is outside, so... To make things easier for you, go to your local tinit shop and ask for a sample of the tint... Afterall, a professional tint place should be able to answer your questions better. If you want my personal opinion, I would leave 5% in the back, and go with something lighter in the front.

rainfever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(digital_ripper04)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, Right now I have 5% on all my back windows and I love it. Â*My front however is at 50% and I am not liking it(its like why bother). Â*The legal limit here is 42% or 43%, I cant remember which, I wanted to know from you guys is:

(2)Its not a moving violation right? (cant afford another allready have 4 Â*:twisted: Â*) So you just pay the ticket right ?

THANKS AGAIN sorry for all the ?'s</div>

This is something i have contemplated for quite some time. I had 20% on when i bought my car at auction, but the safety guy would not pass it so they were scrapped. I think i am going to go with 30%

btw where in utah are you, i live in south provo.

:? :? :? :? Well, I want to go with 10 on my front windows but to my surprise no one will do it. I swear I remember hearing from people if you pay cash they will do it so there is no proof they did the work ?
    any ideas on where to go ?

rainfever
    there are places that will do it, though im not sure they will do it for someone they do not know. If you are calling them they will definately not agree to do it, alot of places are afraid of saying something like that over the phone, as it would be easy to press charges if it was a cop or someone recording the conversation.

I would suggest driving around to different tint shops and asking in person what they can do for you.

cool, ya I called on the phone too so that was probably why they wouldnt say much thanks !!!!