The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weird noise when turning left

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

weird noise when turning left

everytime i make a left 90 degree turn, i get this weird noise from my glovebox/passenger airbag area. it sounds like water or sand moving around in a cooler. at first it was low but a couple of days later, its pretty loud. i tried driving around in a left circle really fast to see if the noise can be heard from the outside but it seems like it not audible from the outside. im looking out the right side 1/2 expecting to see a trail of water being spilled out the side because thats what it sounds like. any idea

it only happens when you are turning left and not right?

have you checked your power steering fluid? does it look clean? is there enough?

that sounds pretty wierd.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

BlankMan
    It is water. The drain plug for condensation for your A/C is plugged. Same thing happened to me - except on really sharp turns water actually over-flowed on to the pass. floor. Either go to the dealer and have them clear the plug - or you can do it your self - if you wait too long, you'll start getting water on the floor, too.

It's located on the firewall of the engine bay, lower side, passenger side. For whatever reason, it can get clogged with leaves, etc to the point where the condenstation can not drain and accumulates.

J

thanks. i will check first thing tomorrow. and yes, sometimes my passenger say "i felt water drop on my feet"

BlankMan
    No problem. BTW -my dealer did mine - but I just re-read this thread I remembered from a while back - and it points out it's not that easy to get to. Can be done, though - just not easy. You'll want to read at least the last post before trying to find and clear the drain tube...

J

well, i found the little black nub sticking out of the firewall with water dribbling out of it. i tried to stick a bendable plastic straw (thicker than a drinking straw) into the hole but after a couple of inches, i hit something hard and wouldnt budge anymore. didnt take apart the glove box because i was running out of daylight. gonna take another stab at it tomorrow

i fixed it!!

after taking apart my lower dash, passenger side fan, vents like gilhuly did in this post, i saw that he and manybrews was right and theres no way to reach the evaporator drain without major disassembly.

my first attempt to solve the clogged drain problem was to blow air in from the outside. but the stupid evaporator drain is blocked off by a small metal pipe that runs about 2 cm in front of it. not enough room to put a proper size airtight fitting on. so after a while of bitching and moaning, i just used the air tube without a fitting and stuck it into the hole. i sealed it with electrical tape and turned the pump on and *GURGLE GURGLE GURGLE* the air shot thru, spewing a lil crap and water onto my passenger side. (my lower dash and vents were still dis assembled). i pulled the airtube out and all this water came gushing out the drain. i know this isnt a permant fix because too lil crap came out of the drain and the other side. im guessing the crap that clogged the drain is still in there. but atleast now i know what to do now as soon as i hear rushing water.

afterwards i lysol'ed the shit out of my carpets and floor and some into the ac evaporator as well. its been 1 hr and no mold smell so far.

dza
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qnz)</div><div class='quotemain'>i fixed it!!

after taking apart my lower dash, passenger side fan, vents like gilhuly did in this post, i saw that he and manybrews was right and theres no way to reach the evaporator drain without major disassembly. Â*

my first attempt to solve the clogged drain problem was to blow air in from the outside. but the stupid evaporator drain is blocked off by a small metal pipe that runs about 2 cm in front of it. not enough room to put a proper size airtight fitting on. so after a while of bitching and moaning, i just used the air tube without a fitting and stuck it into the hole. i sealed it with electrical tape and turned the pump on and *GURGLE GURGLE GURGLE* the air shot thru, spewing a lil crap and water onto my passenger side. (my lower dash and vents were still dis assembled). i pulled the airtube out and all this water came gushing out the drain. i know this isnt a permant fix because too lil crap came out of the drain and the other side. im guessing the crap that clogged the drain is still in there. but atleast now i know what to do now as soon as i hear rushing water. Â*

afterwards i lysol'ed the shit out of my carpets and floor and some into the ac evaporator as well. its been 1 hr and no mold smell so far.</div>

Anysuggestions if I don't have an air pump of any kind?