The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No BYO Intake for me, 2001 ES

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    I have the same year, engine and airbox I believe, and my hood closes, i'll take some pics in the morning when its light out and post them.

J. T. Z.
    Why is it that some cars have it and some don't?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J. T. Z.)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why is it that some cars have it and some don't?</div>

the i4 and the v6 both have resonator boxes, just in different locations.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

It looks like I do have the same one, here are some pics of how mine sits, my hood does touch 1 corner of it, you can probably see where the corner of the black box has a little white on it, but the hood closes fine, hope it helps

I still have 1 part of the unused piece to get off, guess I just been too lazy to go under the car to unbolt it.

cdaw2001ES
    You must be squishin the shitz out of the back of that headlight!

I dunno if you can tell by this pic, but I just looked again and it actually doesn't even touch the headlight, it rests against the metal on the car just past where the headlight sticks out there

I finally took that last underneath piece of the old intake off also from under the car, 2 of the bolts were kinda a bitch to reach

GaLanT
    you put it at a slight tilt... tilt it a little

cdaw2001ES
    Wow - It will work.
    I've already ordered my Mass adapter to fir a K&N cone directly so I'm just going to wait for that. - I thnik I now have a perfect place to put my alram siren.

Well atleast you finally got it to work, even with the cone coming you should hook it up, disconnect your battery for a bit, then go drive around a little and admire the new sound and slight performance increase.

Works much better without all this crap restricting it

two suggestions,

suggestion 1. secure that filter, either by string weather stripping or whatever...don't want to lose it...and i've heard of stories of it falling out

suggestion 2. go to the auto parts store and look at the replacement filter for the oem one. either it be a regular paper or a k&n. that oem filter is way too restrictive. your intake will get louder with an aftermarket filter and depending on which filter u get, the filtration and flow qualities can improve too.

and on i more option. with all the bottom parts removed. you might want to tie the filter down on tight and flip the airbox back down, just so it can hopefully get some cooler air from the bottom of the car. but who knows...since hot air rises

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

option 3 has been working well for me