The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: UNLOCK PLEASSSEE!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    19Galant97

UNLOCK PLEASSSEE!

I seem to be having a prob with my door locks.. I bought the car about a month ago its not covered under the warranty (used car dealership) I dont think its the factory alarm but the keypad will not lock or unlock the drivers door all 3 other doors are fine and it works but not the drivers door... and even on the inside wen u hit the Lock/unlock button they all work except my door?!?! I'm tempted to pop the door panel off myself and see wats goin on but I'd like to here some ideas first

thanx alot...

__MiKe__

I had the same problem on my minivan - the motor for the lock burnt out - you might want to take a look at that.

Livn2sk8
    just the door lock actuator......find em online, or try best buy in the car audio installation center. They usually have them.

Good Luck!

19Galant97
    yea thanx... but I'm not sure if its the actual motor that turns the lock to lock and unlock because wen I put my ear up to the door I can hear the motor unless its for all the other doors...

TGC Regular
    I work for a glass company , autoglass , screens , glass designing and anything glass.

As part of the autoglasss part , we replace door glases , and fix actuators and motors.. So you might want to ask a glass company near you if they can take a peak at it

donovan.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Proto
    I had the same problem with my passenger door, its caused by the doorpanel rubbing against the 2 bars that work the lock/door handle.. its rather a easy fix. Also you might want to replace the lock/doorhandle piece.

TGC Regular
    well there u go
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

central locking

hello there,

The locks on my JDM '93 Galant were playing up by locking and unlocking constantly when u open using aftermarket remote.
    Open the door trim and u wouldnt believe that the fix was spraying WD over and near the factory lock actuator.
    6 days later....normal...