The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Losing Power

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    LantBoy99

Losing Power

hey guys last nite my galant felt like the biggest pussy in the world. when I floored it it didnt make one solid tone. It just sounded like it was tryin to go but couldnt and the tone it usually makes when I floor it would come in and then die out. no lights are on on my cluster or anything. it just dont feel the same. my friend said somethin about cleanin my fuel injectors. I have 62k on my engine and I changed the tranny fluid about 2 weeks ago and the oil. Anything else I should do to my engine since its about ready to hit 75k?

Re: Losing Power

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LantBoy99)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey guys last nite my galant felt like the biggest pussy in the world. when I floored it it didnt make one solid tone. It just sounded like it was tryin to go but couldnt and the tone it usually makes when I floor it would come in and then die out. no lights are on on my cluster or anything. it just dont feel the same. my friend said somethin about cleanin my fuel injectors. I have 62k on my engine and I changed the tranny fluid about 2 weeks ago and the oil. Anything else I should do to my engine since its about ready to hit 75k?</div>

If you hit 60k, you should most DEFINITELY change the timing belt!! Other than this, do general maintenance. Look in the tutuorials section for 8G's for a checklist of suggestions to do here https://www.thegalantcenter.com (left hand menu).

For your hesitation problem, I'd change sparkplugs, air filter, clean inside of throttle body, and use fuel injection cleaner in your gas. Start with these things and see if it helps your performance. But please get your timing belt changed before something bad happens if you haven't done so already.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

LantBoy99
    alright, my girls dad owns a tuning shop and im seein tomorrow how much its gonna be to change my timing belt before it blows and my pistons go through my valves or whatever. that would be a tradgedy! other than this my galant has gave me no problems. which is the reason why I got this car in the first place. Damn mustang pissed me off so much I couldnt go nowhere in that piece without fear of it breakin down on the side of the road which it did several times!! :evil: ill let u all know what the price is for changing the timing belt and let me know if its resonable. It looks like its gonna be a pain in the ass too change so im just gonna pay some1 to change it.

Dru, I'm gonna ask a real dumb question...What kind of tranny fluid did you put in? And have you checked the level since you changed it? I agree you need to change the timing belt and plugs, etc, but check the obvious in the meantime. Good luck man. Let me know if I can help.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

99GalantOn18s

timing belt installation

wussup?? i went to a local shop in georgia and they only charged me $100 to change my timing belt... and i asked them if they'd put my AEM pulleys on also, and they said since they gotta lift the engine out they'll do it for free... and another $15 for my tire rotation... but i figured $100 was cheap for a new timing belt and installation of my pulleys... i felt a good bit of power in "Misha" now... i can take on my dad's ESv6, only mods is the pulleys, a'pexi exhaust, Injen intake