The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RPW Header?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

RPW Header?

Ok, I originally left TGC right about the time these were starting to make their way to these shores. My question is, Is it any good? I tried to search for it, but didn't find much on the subject. I'm not worried about taking a long time (I really am a patient person) But I'm not a big fan of paying for parts that have little/no effect on performance. I also don't wanna have to "reengineer" the damn thing once I get it. I'm looking for more of a "bolt-on-and-go" sorta thing. So, is RPW what I'm looking for? Thanks!
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yes, the RPW headers are what you're looking for. they bolt right on, with no modification. the ONLY company that carries the RPW headers specifically for the 7G is Vision Imports.

You said you were a patient man, unfortunately, Vision Imports might not even get it to you. Call them up and ask if they have them in stock. IF they have them IN STOCK, then you will get them within 2 months. If they are on back order, it could take...well, way more than 2 months.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

there headers... not much else too it... just a couple hp gain... dont expect anything more with just that...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

brandon
    Finally someone that calls it a header instead of "headers". Woohoo!

IMO, don't waste your money. I haven't heard anyone who has one rant about it.

Livn2sk8
    i've never understood your point "brandon"...header...headers...who cares? they are what they are....

to me..."headers" makes more sense....

Well, I posted about my situation in a diffrent post, but I'll reiterate in brief. The car is not soley mine. It's the "family" car. I'm allowed to modify it, but "within reason"

My constraints are as follows:

Must remain automatic
    Must be "within reasonable noise levels"
    Must not be torn apart for more than 2 days
    Cannot turbo (more my own restriction, as I don't wanna sink that much money into a car that's not mine)

I just wanna add a little hp and give it a nicer sound. I'm gonna fab up a "true" CAI to flesh out the current WAI setup, 60mm TB, P&P IM, header, and a quiet exhaust.

I figure I'll pick up...15 hp ish and make it much more fun to drive. (I also wanna break into the 16s! )

is your galant a fed spec or a cali spec??

if its a fed spec and with your constraints, i wouldn't even bother with the rpw. you'd probably be able to count the horsepower gain with one hand. not worth it IMO especially with its price.

if you havve a cali spec car, the i could see you getting the rpw's. the thing that would catch you there is the noise constraints you put yourself. i'd slap on the header before an aftermarket muffler and see how loud things are before moving on.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by Livn2sk8
    i've never understood your point "brandon"...header...headers...who cares? they are what they are....

My point is, we don't drive 6 or 8 cylinder cars with more than one header.

You don't say 'intakes' or 'turbos' when you're referring to only one intake or one turbo do you?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by Livn2sk8

My point is, we don't drive 6 or 8 cylinder cars with more than one header.

You don't say 'intakes' or 'turbos' when you're referring to only one intake or one turbo do you?
    actually its not because of the amount of cylinders the car has. more has to do with the engine layout.

here's a picture of a header from a 6 cyl.

just like the 7g galant, this engine for this header is also an inline motor. meaning the cylingers are in a straight line. on the 8g 6 cyl, the cylinders are in a "V" pattern, thats why they call it a v6.

they call it a header because of the number of exhaust manifolds (headers) the car has. this goes all the way back to your elementary school english class when you learned the difference between singular and plural. if the car has two or more exhaust manifolds you can call it headers because it is plural.

with all that said, not all inline motors have just a header. on the bigger motors like 6 cyl and up, there might be two exhaust manifolds, especially for peformance issues.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

brandon
    Good point... forgot about the inline 6, etc.

Good explanation too, thanks!

Experienced TGC Member
    Jips opinion on header/headers topic: WHO GIVES A SHIT!
    The internet is no place for propper grammar/spelling/punctuation!

back to the TOPIC!
    I doubt you'll pull 15hp out of that, you could maybe gain 15 with the addition of an safc to that setup but thats another $350..

60mm tb means you will have to port the intake manifold opening to match easy if you have the tools. It also means using gasket sealer/rtv to modify the IAC's which I know from your other post you think gasket sealer doesnt last very long, (which it does), so you may not be comfertable with that.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

I've made a 60mm TB before (sold it to a member on here when my G got totaled) And for that gasket maker works fine (oil tends to eat away at RTV though, wheras ethelyne glycol does not)

Course I also plan on gasket matching the head...I HOPE I'd see 15 hp...I'd be dissapointed if I didn't. I mean, simply porting the restrictive IM should net me a solid 5 hp alone. But, eh...I'll do it anyway. It should sound cool at any rate.

jusblaze
    Ight check this out fellas. I finally am gettin my headers done. What i have decided to do since i refuse to wait for RPW to call me back is to make my own. Very simple actually. I plan on buying a used header, and then cutting the flanges off the header. I have a aftermarket pacesetter full manifold system. Going to cut the flanges off the pacesetter, and weld our flanges on to the new pacesetter system.

OH THIS SH*T IS GOING TO BE FUN WHEN IT IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

jusblaze
    Ight check this out fellas. I finally am gettin my headers done. What i have decided to do since i refuse to wait for RPW to call me back is to make my own. Very simple actually. I plan on buying a used header, and then cutting the flanges off the header. I have a aftermarket pacesetter full manifold system. Going to cut the flanges off the pacesetter, and weld our flanges on to the new pacesetter system.

OH THIS SH*T IS GOING TO BE FUN WHEN IT IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Pretty sure I rememebr pacesetter making a 4g63 non turbo header, which means its a direct bolt on for us.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon