The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Header Idea need an opinion

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    jusblaze

Header Idea need an opinion

Ight check this out fellas. I finally am gettin my headers done. What i have decided to do since i refuse to wait for RPW to call me back is to make my own. Very simple actually. I plan on buying a used header, and then cutting the flanges off the header. I have a aftermarket pacesetter full manifold system. Going to cut the flanges off the pacesetter, and weld our flanges on to the new pacesetter system.

OH THIS SH*T IS GOING TO BE FUN WHEN IT IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    y did you post this same thing in the RPW topic...

anyway like I said I think Pacesetter makes a 4g63 non turbo header. Which is a direct bolt on for us.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    y did you post this same thing in the RPW topic...

anyway like I said I think Pacesetter makes a 4g63 non turbo header. Which is a direct bolt on for us.
    yeA they do. when buying the pacesetter headers make sure that they are for the 1g eclipse since the 2g eclipse only had the 4g63 in teh turbo version.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

is pacesetter good performance wise?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Livn2sk8
    all i've ever "heard" since i've never bought any....is Pacesetter = CRAP!!!

but..that's all i've heard!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mysticj)</div><div class='quotemain'>is pacesetter good performance wise?</div>

peformance wise they are good. i mean compared to the cali spec manifolds you are gonna get a get. not alot but there is some gain

but don't ask my why only after a year or so why your headers are starting to rust through and leak.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticj
    is pacesetter good performance wise?
    peformance wise they are good. i mean compared to the cali spec manifolds you are gonna get a get. not alot but there is some gain

but don't ask my why only after a year or so why your headers are starting to rust through and leak.
    must be the quality of the materail being use...how about hedmen hedder...the chikara headers?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Experienced TGC Member
    See I'm sure RPW is a decent company...but all you hear about is the extremely long waits to get your part. I could just imagine what the shipping costs are gonna be...its not worth it IMO.

I don't know about the quality of pacesetters they are just the only company I know of that makes 4g63 headers.

Chikara - http://www.seffects.com/parts/HED36070.htm

If it actually looks anything like the pic its not bad for $159..
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    See I'm sure RPW is a decent company...but all you hear about is the extremely long waits to get your part. I could just imagine what the shipping costs are gonna be...its not worth it IMO.

I don't know about the quality of pacesetters they are just the only company I know of that makes 4g63 headers.

Chikara - http://www.seffects.com/parts/HED36070.htm

If it actually looks anything like the pic its not bad for $159..
    not bad...i do have a question though...what's the difference between the non turbo and turbo cyclone intake manifold? :?

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Experienced TGC Member
    didnt know there was a non turbo cyclone??

Or are you talking about the plain cyclone vs. Turbo Intercooler Cyclone... they are both the same as far as I know except the one has the Turbo Intercooler label on the top just looks nifty..doesnt add anymore hp lol
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    there's a wait for the RPW headers only because that shitty joke of a company Vision Imports (maybe an off-breed of erac1ng?) doesn't care and doesn't realize "hmmm, we're out of stock, maybe we should order some because people order these".
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd