The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I NEED HELP QUICK!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42

I NEED HELP QUICK!

ok, i need to find out what this piece is called, cause i need to brake it off in order to install my front springs....HELP NEEDED ASAP!

i think its called like an "endlink" or something like that, but i need the exact name, so i can go to an autoparts store and tell them, and not sound like an idiot guessing.

sho-tyme
    no its a stabilizer link and its only from the dealer its like 25 i just did mine try not to stip it or you are screwed and you have to cut it off witha freakn dremel (2 hours) it take and allen key in the back and like a15mm in the front dude its a bitch get get off and my car only had 40k on it well good luck

sho-tyme
    ok i right for the most part the name is right but you must have a older g not an8g that i thought cause it looks diifferent than mine so as far as the allen key thing goes not sure but still try not to strip the shit out of it cause its still bitch to do but good luck and its called a stabilizer link and for you car you might be able to get it at the parts store

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you don't need to break it off, i took it off via the bolt, why can't you?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

sho-tyme
    see i think you read that wrong i have an 8g, and on the front of the link there is a bolt and the back has a allen key i couldnt take mine off via the bolt it just kept spinning and it was on there so tight that it broke 1 allen key and then i stripped out the hole for it so the only other option i had was to cut the bolt with a dremel

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    you don't need to break it off, i took it off via the bolt, why can't you?
    he has a 7g, and the reason he cant take the bolt off, cuz i think he kinda stripped it....i would say just cut the bolt off, and then buy a new bolt, but thats just my opinion....and as for his car, he has a 94(?) with only 33,000 original miles...and hes the 3rd or 4th owner of the G, what a lucky fag.....lol

Experienced TGC Member
    this is a 7g freakin forum stop talking about your 8g!

The endlink you need 2 wrenches if your having a hard time, one wrench goes infront of the boot, the other obviously on the nut ur removing. I believe they are both the same size.

If your having truoble getting the nut off cause its torqued down tight, breaker bar, or 1/2" drive ratchet with apropriot socket on the nut and wack the handle with a rubber mallet. (dont use 1/4" drive or you'll probably crack the gear inside the wrench)

After you get the nut off the link usualy dont just come off because of the pressure from the sway bar and spring...I find that the easiest way is to put the tire back on and lower the car, and stick ur hand under and it pulls right off.

The install I had to do the same, lower the car and stick the end link back in the holes then jack it back up to put the nuts on. When the car was already jacked up the sway bar is so much lower without the end link couldnt get them to line up, tried a jack under the sway bar but that didnt work either...lowering it made it perfect.

hope that helps
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

u guys dont understand, I CANT TAKE IT OFF! im using vice grips and a ratchet, just how seth told me, but the nut where the vice grips go is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too stripped, its like a perfect circle. anyway, do u guys got any ideas on how to take out stripped nuts?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Josh....you may have to check out a Sears and find a special type of wrench nut designed to take out stripped heads of nut bolts. (The problem which I am understanding). Some of my friends who I work with at Toyota uses this tool when the come across the same problem you are having...but usually they get it from Snap On & Maco Tools. I believe you can get this special wrench nut from Sears because my friend said that Craftsman makes it...I dunno, thats the best advice I can give you, or get cooly with a local car shop and barrow that tool IF they have it.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

sho-tyme
    use a freak-n dremel with a steal cutting wheel just get about 6 of them and cut the sob off

i know, but i NEED to find out what the piece is called so i can start shopping before i cut it off, i dont want to pay alot for those pieces. so once i find out how much the piece cost, i can either decide to cut it off or maybe take it too a pro that can get it out without cutting.

sho-tyme
    are you not reading what people type its called a stabilzer link either a left or right depending on what side you take it off of. driverside=left, pass side=right. and like i said before it may be a dealer only part

well i guess im off to the dealer on tues. thanks guys!

sho-tyme
    hey bro i think i told you the wrong part i think its a sway bar link well im almost positve it is hope you get this before you go buying the wrong thing and if thats not it just tell the parts guy what you talking about and im sure he would know but im pretty sure its a sway bar link

Quote Originally Posted by josh_877
    u guys dont understand....................do u guys got any ideas on how to take out stripped nuts?
    CUT IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! its only a damn bolt, once you cut the head off, it should slide right off, then all you have to do is go to your local home depot(or any local store) and get a new damn bolt and nut, and your good to go.....why are you making it harder on yourself?........

Quote Originally Posted by Ositoyb
    u guys dont understand....................do u guys got any ideas on how to take out stripped nuts?
    CUT IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! its only a damn bolt, once you cut the head off, it should slide right off, then all you have to do is go to your local home depot(or any local store) and get a new damn bolt and nut, and your good to go.....why are you making it harder on yourself?........
    u know what? ur right, but before i cut it im gonna go buy the bolt first. thanks

Mathas
    u know what? ur right, but before i cut it im gonna go buy the bolt first. thanks
    Wouldn't it be easier to cut the bolt off first, then take the pieces to your hardware store and find a replacement that matches exactly? Sounds a lot more precise than eyeballing and guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathas
    Wouldn't it be easier to cut the bolt off first, then take the pieces to your hardware store and find a replacement that matches exactly? Sounds a lot more precise than eyeballing and guessing.
    true, but i dont know if ill have an extra car just laying around.....oh wait i prolly will, GOOD IDEA!

Mathas
    true, but i dont know if ill have an extra car just laying around.....oh wait i prolly will, GOOD IDEA!
    That's what friends are for... to be imposed upon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathas
    That's what friends are for... to be imposed upon!
    FRIENDS??? pffffffffff, good one.............lol j/k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast