The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6A12 Twin Turbo's & 3000GT Turbo's

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

6A12 Twin Turbo's & 3000GT Turbo's

Just a Thought...

Would the 3000GT Twin Turbo work if you replace the factory Twin Turbo out of the 6A12TT? how long will it last? what would be the max boost it can handle?

would be nice to have wouldn't it? or has anyone done it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    huh? You want to replace your 6a12 TTs with stock 3kgt TTs? I dont see why they wouldnt bolt up, both use mitsu turbos. doesnt the 3kgt use a pair of 9bs?
    7g for life!

That post doesn't make much sense.. I'm guessing you have a 6A12 at the moment, and want to put on the GTO turbos.. No, they don't fit on. I've checked - the flanges are all different. The engine itself - good luck trying to fit that in, the 6A12 is cramped in there enough, fitting a 6G72 in there would need a whole lot of fabrication, plus the gearbox wouldnt mate up.

If you're looking at upgrading your turbos - the only option is new flanges or entire manifolds. The flange for the td-025 is unique, nothing else bolts on. Plus the GTO turbo isn't much of an upgrade really, in terms of flow rates. Better off doing it once, doing it right and going for something decent.
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)