The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: trans computer....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

trans computer....

well guys, does anyone know where the trans computer is located? i have a 97' and i just bought another computer for my trans, maybe thats the problem i was having with the trans giving the damn codes..
    thanks

Mindless

Re: trans computer....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>well guys, does anyone know where the trans computer is located? i have a 97' and i just bought another computer for my trans, maybe thats the problem i was having with the trans giving the damn codes..
    thanks</div>

What code were you getting?

a got a few, but the one that NOONE(even at the dealership) could tel me what it was, was the:
    P1750
    or
    P1705

which is a trans realted problem, but no one could give me any ideas. and im tired of spending around $90/hr for absolutely NOTHING...so im going with my own theory's...and see where it takes me. So NO ONE knows where its located, huh...

im takin a wild guess, but u know where ur arm rest is? well theres a box in there thats removable, and theres a comp lookin thing under it, check it out.

Import_Beast
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>im takin a wild guess, but u know where ur arm rest is? well theres a box in there thats removable, and theres a comp lookin thing under it, check it out.</div>
    not sure but i think thats related to the E-brake....the tranny comp to the best of my knowledge is located next to thgas pedal...that plastic part thats part of the dash....if u can take that off u should be able to see it...but not 100% sure if its there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>im takin a wild guess, but u know where ur arm rest is? well theres a box in there thats removable, and theres a comp lookin thing under it, check it out.</div>
    kewl, i'll check it out. thanks for your help my friend...lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Import_Beast)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>im takin a wild guess, but u know where ur arm rest is? well theres a box in there thats removable, and theres a comp lookin thing under it, check it out.</div>
    not sure but i think thats related to the E-brake....the tranny comp to the best of my knowledge is located next to thgas pedal...that plastic part thats part of the dash....if u can take that off u should be able to see it...but not 100% sure if its there</div>
    kewl thanks, i'll check that out toooo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>im takin a wild guess, but u know where ur arm rest is? well theres a box in there thats removable, and theres a comp lookin thing under it, check it out.</div>
    kewl, i'll check it out. thanks for your help my friend...lol</div>

no problem, LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    The tranny ecu is located in the same spot as the engine ecu, if i remember correctly its the one on the bottom. The ecu under the arm rest is for the airbag controller.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Livn2sk8
    i'm glad someone stepped in and told him that it was for the airbags...I was reading this thinking...OMG he's gonna kill himself when he gets smacked in the face when his airbags go off........

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>The tranny ecu is located in the same spot as the engine ecu, if i remember correctly its the one on the bottom. The ecu under the arm rest is for the airbag controller.</div>

True that... it's the one with less harnesses going to it.

hahah ooops, but like i said i was just guessing... :oops:

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>a got a few, but the one that NOONE(even at the dealership) could tel me what it was, was the:
    P1750 Â*
    or
    P1705

which is a trans realted problem, but no one could give me any ideas. and im tired of spending around $90/hr for absolutely NOTHING...so im going with my own theory's...and see where it takes me. So NO ONE knows where its located, huh... </div>

I'm 99% positive that code is the one I threw before my tranny crapped out on me.

yea, i mean, the car is still giving me problems, and i got the tranny rebuilt a lil over 1yr ago...and its been giving me problems for sometime now...as for ther code....its been read by different places, but no one has been able to tell me what the damn code was....so i guess i'll keep trying my own theories..thanks guys. as for the air bag hitting me in the face, i doubt that would have happened....cuz i disabeled the passanger airbag, but we'll see what happens, thanks again for the ideas.

just another question, if i change the computer, do i have to do anything(other than remove the battery) and will there be a different reactoin once i install the other computer? like will the computer have to adjust to me driving methods? just wanna make sure that i dont have to do any other else b4 i change the computer.

Import_Beast
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>The tranny ecu is located in the same spot as the engine ecu, if i remember correctly its the one on the bottom. The ecu under the arm rest is for the airbag controller.</div>

are u sure its the same for the 97' ...now i could be wrong but on my car the e-brake line is running into that box under the arm rest...look at my WWW and look at the pic with my car stripped, pic is kinda small and blury but is that what u guys are talking about with the yellow wireing were the arm rest is suppose to be...becuz im pretty sure that has to do with the back brakes

1) A new computer will need to relearn how you drive, but it should be about 15 starts.
    All computers are set to hold the information of the last 30 to 50 starts. Also most then to have a pretty good sense of how you drive by the 8 or 9 time you drive around.

2) the tranny computer is normally by the center pilar close to the ECU. This is by where you have the radio or in some cases is by the passenger side kick panel( the panel that is shapping the carpet) by the right foot of the passenger under the glove box.

3) the computer by the arm rest under the e brake with either a red or yellow connector is for the air bags, DO NOT PLAY or remove it even after you disconnect the battery( go to a dealer to work on this one) it could cause the air bags to deploy. This box have some battery power to retain information for accidents is like a black box.

Besides the code what are your symptoms.

It might help to know whats going on.

I have a 95, but I just did the tranny on mine.

well, i go the trans rebuilt a little over 1yr ago, and it was working fine, until a few months ago....the problem im having is, when im driving fast(usually on th expressway) it will drive fine, until a certain "bang"(not loud) hits and the car feels as if i put the car in nuetral and press the gas pedal. so you would hear rrrmmmmmm, seems as if OD wasnt engaging, but it does. so, now i dont know what to do. although i dont go on the expressway anymore. teh cars alright to drive on the streets.

I know that sound. Well. Good news - you might be paying your mechanics rental. - If I was you I will take it to the tranny place and explain to them about the sound. Even iif the warranty is over take it to them and ask them to check it out for you. That you are worried about and would like that they take a look at it. Do not argue with them or anything, just go and say heey guys Im running into this problem and you rebuilt it last time and I was happy with it.

Sweet talk them first. They might check it out almost free for you.

It sounds that either the clutches are warp or the bearing by the axles is going bad. Mine did something similar, but I lost 2nd and 4th and reverse. 2500 later I got a new tranny.

2 trannies in about 9 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast