The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: trans computer....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    STL95LS

Trans Computer

Just to add some input, you want to make sure the new computer is for the exact same year as the one removed. In the repair manual it gives a warning that you cannot interchange trans computers for different years.

i did go to the trans shop b4 AND after my warranty ended, and EACH time i went i WAS being kewl abou tthe problem, and not once did I point a finger, i went over 12-13 times(i had 2 trnas rebuilt there, 2 cars) and i had a problem with both cars, they finally fixed my other car, 7months later. so i doubt they will be of any help. im going to try and change a few things b4 i go bakc to a shop.

STL95LS, thanks fo rthe heads-up, i didnt know that. im pretyt sure that the trans comp isnt for a '97, so i guess im stuck with that idea. but ill make sure. thanks agian.

GtrickinN12
    do u need to replace the transmission ecu after doing a conversion over to 5speed? If so, is it an easy plug in replacement, or do i have to do some harness rewiring?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrickinN12
    do u need to replace the transmission ecu after doing a conversion over to 5speed? If so, is it an easy plug in replacement, or do i have to do some harness rewiring?
    You dont use the a/t computer anymore..you have to rewire the P/N switch wire on the ecu to ground or to the clutch switch somethin like that. Pretty simple..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

GtrickinN12
    which one is it, the ground wire or clutch? is there a diagram for the rewire? i dont wanna just start pullin wires.
    my cars been runnin somewhat ok. but if there is some rewirring that has to be done id like to do it.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GtrickinN12
    which one is it, the ground wire or clutch? is there a diagram for the rewire? i dont wanna just start pullin wires.
    my cars been runnin somewhat ok. but if there is some rewirring that has to be done id like to do it.
    huh?? The way you write it makes it sound like you did the 5speed conversion already...in which case you wouldnt have a TCU and you would have rewired the PN switch already or your car wouldnt start for you. If you didnt swap yet...well then dont touch anywires till after you do.

go look through the schematics in chiltons or manualcd for the starter and pn switch.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

ameeto

trany computer or tranny problem...HELP

ositoyb,

you had tranny problem , which I have now. Did replaceing the computer solved your problem?.

I had rebuilt the transmission ...problem still there.
    when changing gear from 1st to 2nd it makes thud...thud...thud..sound
    ,have to relase the pedal for it to engage.
    I have to give gas smoothly for it to engage or car will always make loud thud noice and car will start jerking.

97 galant 2.4L ES .....133K.

any one pls help

PurpleHaze
    His last post was Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:03 , chances are he's not on here anymore. Try using the search to find out more about your problem

ameeto
    thanks purple haze.

I wish I can find him

PurpleHaze
    yep. try a couple of the top posts in this search, https://www.thegalantcenter.org/searc...hp?mode=results some of them kind of sound like the problems you are having.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12