The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: '98 spoiler on an '03 car

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    RCHII

'98 spoiler on an '03 car

Hey! have a question.. I just bought my first Galant. I know nothing about all the 8G, 9G stuff.. Only that I like what I have and would like to know more about it. I do not plan to go with realy wild ground effects, but would like to put a spoiler on it. I think the '03 style is too high.. I like the lower profile of the slightly older car I believe the '98 that had the light built in. I just need to know if it fits? Looks like about the same width as the '03 but with about 3/4" more on each side extending past trunklid. Am I correct? Will it bolt to trunk properly? Any help would be appreciated.

datdude305
    ummm 98 or 99 cuz a 98 is a 7 gen and a 99 is an 8 gen if its the 99 its good

chauGTZ
    my 8g says its a 98 on the sticker :sorry off topic:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chauGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>my 8g says its a 98 on the sticker :sorry off topic:</div>

Probably bult in 98 but its an 99 model 8)
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

datdude305
    yuh most cars say that y do u think the 2005s are out already

RCHII
    Like I said, I really do not know about all the 8G, 9G stuff... I have an '03 car and want to know if anyone can tell me if the '98 rear spoiler will fit. Is the trunk lid close? Will it hit the quarters?

99-03 = 8 generation of the Galant
    94-98 = 7th gen
    93-? = 6th gen
    04-current = 9g
    In the pic of my sig is my car a 98 Galant a 7th gen.
    and to be honest I dont know if the OEM Spoiler will fit, i guess you would have to find a site that shows the measurements of the spoiler your looking for and then measure your trunk. unless if some one allready has one speaks up.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

the 7g (94-98) oem spoiler should fit without any problems. just test fit the spoiler before you get it painted just to make sure.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.