Wagnermotorsports.com
    york, PA

@7psi (stock):

Max Power: 185 @ 5750rpm
    Max Torque: 207.2 @ 4500rpm

@ 10 psi (stable):

Max Power: 198@4750rpm
    Max Torque: 223.9@4500rpm

@14psi (spikes at 17 :shock: bleeds to 14)

Max Power: 223@4750rpm
    Max Torque: 246.9@4750rpm

@15psi (spikes past 18 past estimated detonation pt. )

Max Power: 235@4750rpm
    Max Torque: 256.8@4750rpm

Its currently at 14psi, but Im still trying to figure out why under full load in 5th the boost creeps up and will pass 17 psi. Chances are once I get a Electronic B. C. that problem will be taken care of.

Mods: NONE

Electronics: Apexi RSM, Greddy timer, Boost Gauge

BlankMan
    Good numbers - particularly the TQ.

But - isn't the Vr4 a 6, right? Really, I would have expected more... When I ran RIPP stage 1 (7psi) on my I4 I was at 180WHP. I belive I'm *well* above 220WHP now at 11psi with boost cooler...

J

I myself was expecting or looking forward to the area of 250whp with 270 torque. Also keep in mind the SDS kit only has to turn 2 wheels where as the vr4 is awd.

Aren't the VR-4's 280hp to the crank stock? I can't believe you lost almost 100hp to the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Aren't the VR-4's 280hp to the crank stock? I can't believe you lost almost 100hp to the wheels.
    yup your correct. I think they were using the required 98 octane gas. I had planned on using 110 octane BUT the pumps at englishtown did not accept plastic and I usually dont wonder around with almost 100 in cash on me

ken inn
    i recently upgraded to an evo 3 16g, ported, and i had boost creep problems. at that time, i had a joe p mbc, rnr 2.5" eliminator downpipe, random technologies 2.5" cat, and a certified 2.5" catback. i had it set to 18 lbs, but that was on the big 16g, and when i switched turbos, i did not change the settings. the first couple of pulls, it spiked to 26 before i caught it, and then i started blowing off intercooler hoses. i have since installed a greddy profec b2, and have lo boost set at 18. it is rock steady at 18 now. blowing off intercooler hoses sucks. the profec is very good at controlling the spikes, but the display sucks. you cant see it unless you got it eye level, and are looking directly at it. otherwise, it looks like there are a whole bunch of 8's.

I had the profec B, but had to sell it in order to pay for shipping for my clutch from japan Im sort of stuck with the Vbc until I get my hands on either the AEM ems or haltech E6x from what I've gathered they both will give me the option of controllin the boost safely!

Im leaning towards the AEM unit for the ease of tuning, that and there are at least 3 dyno tuners in my driving radius. Well One that I know personally that prefer the aem ems.

8ggalant
    damn b...well @ least the car is doing ok with the 94octane...quite a few jdm ecu's have to be "detuned" to handle our whack ass 93/94 octacne...when in japan 94 is basically equivalent (actually less) to our regular unleaded and these cars need premium...

i was hoping u'd get a bit hight numbers too...but 1 u need to put an exhaust on that bitch...2 an intercooler...trust me...with those 2 and tuning...ull be well into the upper 200 whp's....and remeber 280 is a crank number and unlike some other japanese cars who put down almost all of there claimed crank hp to the wheels...mitsubishi's dont (evo's, gtos/3000gt's, galants vr4's/legnum vr4's) if u look on any of those sites, ull see owners (with older models) goin thru the same thing u are (lack of expected power)

its stll beast ...id take it anyday...body work needed or not lol

Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant
    ...body work needed or not lol
    Funny you mention that..I was still waiting to hear from you about your buddy in Jap..Pan

The boost creep has bene taken care of but now the max is only 13/12 psi

Thats just stock? Thats crazy - EVERY TT VR4 I've ever seen has issues with not being able to hold boost past 13psi ish.. My boost guage is like a reverse of my tacho, one goes up, the other goes down :?

Lucky that you're getting no boost/fuel cut at all though, all the guys here are having to resort to entirely new computers to get rid of theirs at around 14psi.. Go figure! GTECH says mine **allegedly** has 225kW @ the wheels.. Thats on 18psi @ 3000 dropping to 13psi @ 8000. Works out right on a drag computer thingy. I'll flick ya a couple of my mates 6A13 dyno sheets if you're keen, guessing you've gotten a few of the english guys' ones though..
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I think the numbers are pretty much right now, just on the basis of having AWD, and not running 100+ocatance fuel... I remember when you first got it and i had in mind to actually get the motor and do the swap, those numbers were actually right around what myself and my guyz had predicted we would get out of it... Not takin into affect i would only being pushing it with just FWD... B, those numbers are still very respectable especially on the street, but i gotta agree with Big Kev on this one, do a full exhuast, and get a Supra FMIC and you'll see those numbers go up drastically..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    but i gotta agree with Big Kev on this one, do a full exhuast, and get a Supra FMIC and you'll see those numbers go up drastically..
    You know what Im working on, or have you forgotten I have my own science experiment going on up here.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Supra fmic? supras used SMICs...
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    This is so fuzzy to me :shock:

Wish I knew more :cry:
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Supra fmic? supras used SMICs...
    Obviously not the stock supra intercooler.. he can get a good 20 rail FMIC, for a good price. Hell as a matter of fact, I have one in my garage, this kid with a sentra put money down on it, but hasnt come to get the damn thing. So i may have to sell the thing to get it out of my garage.

I dont think I forgot about what your working on either my friend, I ran into a road block with my own thing down here.. Hurricane came and blew half the door for our shop and when it fell more or less it locked the motor off the stand and bent several of the teeth of the cam gear. So im in the process of trying to get a second cam gear shipped out here from Taiwan. Just trying to get the damn thing timed right took me half the day.. I hate timing the cam's...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

brandon
    Hell as a matter of fact, I have one in my garage, this kid with a sentra put money down on it, but hasnt come to get the damn thing. So i may have to sell the thing to get it out of my garage.
    What size and how much? Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon

hey hey hey one project car at a time brandon lol no hijackin my "possible parts"

Chemist: Man I totally forgot your shop would have been affected by that damn storm, what cam gear are you going to get. Dont forget I have an AEM adjust. cam still on my 4g64. It that cat doesnt show for the fmic let me know, its not on the top list of things to get but nothing is ever listed in stone.

Hell as a matter of fact, I have one in my garage, this kid with a sentra put money down on it, but hasnt come to get the damn thing. So i may have to sell the thing to get it out of my garage.
    The intercooler is 24x10.5x4. The unit is made by Blitz and still in very good condition... I bought it off a girl up in Orlando with a PPG white Supra for about $950. heres the kit the intercooler actually came with, i sold the pieces already just have the fmic sittin in the garage in plastic.

brandon
    Hey now I was just askin. Besides, I looked at your VR4 before you did.

That FMIC would be way thick for me anyhow. Thanks for the info though.

, I looked at your VR4 before you did.
    lol yes I remember, and I bet you wont let me forget it either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast