The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coilovers, don't know what to get.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    stevievano2lk

Coilovers, don't know what to get.

I wanted to drop my car within the next few weeks, and I am still not sure about what type of coilovers or springs to get. I was leaning towards coilovers so I could have control on how low I want my car to sit. I'm going to get the kyb agx shocks, but I need help choosing the rest, I'd appreciate any input.

8ggalant

Re: Coilovers, don't know what to get.

Quote Originally Posted by stevievano2lk
    I wanted to drop my car within the next few weeks, and I am still not sure about what type of coilovers or springs to get. I was leaning towards coilovers so I could have control on how low I want my car to sit. I'm going to get the kyb agx shocks, but I need help choosing the rest, I'd appreciate any input.
    hope much of a drop do u want?? i was just reading my warranty paperwork on my agx's (was bored ) and it says that warranty will be void if u drop your car for than 1.5 inches (eiback prokit drop). the reason being is the shock/strut is not short stroke...its long, meaning its a direct replacement for stock suspension and it is not meant to be modified

so since yer getting coilovers i think u obiviously wanna go a lil lower than 1.5 inches (actually eibach is like 1.3), so i just wanted to let u kno that the agx's arnt gonna last quite as long as u might expect

thats being said...i say go with ground controls, quite a few members on here have them and say they are nice...

if u feel like investing a liitle more money, get the tein basic damper system, it is a true coilover set up (not sleeve and spring seperate from shock)....this will run u around 700-750), but when u think about it, 350-450 for gc's, and 300-375 for agx's...yer right @ the price for TRUE coilover that is shortstroke and meant to be lowerd....

ok that is all

stevievano2lk
    well i wanted about a 2 inch drop in the front and back but, it does make sense just to get a true coilover package, being that in the end the price is roughly the same, and I'm getting a better deal, thankx a lot for your advice

stevievano2lk
    Oh, where would I be able to get the tein setup?

8ggalant
    courtesy of vic_v_jr

http://www.apexr1.com/tebami.html

Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant
    if u feel like investing a liitle more money, get the tein basic damper system, it is a true coilover set up (not sleeve and spring seperate from shock)....this will run u around 700-750

you ain't gonna share where u can get it for 700??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

8ggalant
    *sigh* i guess lol...i gotta try find the link tho...hopefully the price hasnt gon up

hey how bout lets do some research around here....sheesh GOOGLE IS YER FRIEND :? (sarcasm)

stevievano2lk
    yo 8ggalant, thanks for the link. I spent my whole day off yesterday trying to find the tein setup, or something close to it. No dice, but I did stumble upon some forums here that said that 3g eclipses share the same suspension as our 8g galants, if that's so, couldn't I just get the tein setup for a 3g eclipse? Thanks again for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by stevievano2lk
    yo 8ggalant, thanks for the link. I spent my whole day off yesterday trying to find the tein setup, or something close to it. No dice, but I did stumble upon some forums here that said that 3g eclipses share the same suspension as our 8g galants, if that's so, couldn't I just get the tein setup for a 3g eclipse? Thanks again for the link.
    yea tein doesn't make the basic or the SS dampers for the galant. although the 3g eclipse and the 8g galant don't have the same suspension, they are similar enough where you can use the 3g eclipse suspension parts in the galant.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.