The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: inspection w/clear corner

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

inspection w/clear corner

sup fellas, stupid question :oops: but i just wanna make sure. Can i pass my car inspection w/clear corners? Obviously i would have to put an amber bulb.
    Thanks
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

KNJGalant2002

Re: inspection w/clear corner

Quote Originally Posted by r-ezz.e
    sup fellas, stupid question :oops: but i just wanna make sure. Can i pass my car inspection w/clear corners? Obviously i would have to put an amber bulb.
    Thanks
    I just got my inspection and I didn't even put in the amber bulbs had the clear corners with the blue bulb in and still passed. I guess it all depends on the shop. Because I heard too people haven't passed with illegal tints and the mechanic didn't say anything about that either. If you wanted to be on the safe side put in the amber bulb before inspection.

We dont have inspections in Vegas but we do have smog emessions, Usually a Ben Franklin gets you a "pass".

Do they do that with inspections?
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i passed w. blue bulbs here in NY

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    We dont have inspections in Vegas but we do have smog emessions, Usually a Ben Franklin gets you a "pass".

Do they do that with inspections?
    yeah, we dont have inspections out here, just smog like nevada. is that something you guys have to do every year or two? whats involved with it?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Here in NY we do inspections, but since im buddys with the shop owner im only put through the smog test. One time i went and they failed me for worn tires I was like WTF were the owner, and the owner said noo, just hte smog test.

But its stupid really they test every silly thing, headlights highbeams, signals brake lights. all the little things we usally do.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

thanks guys...i would think it wouldn't be a problem either but the monster of all motor vehicle departments in the U.S. of A is here in Jersey. And like it was said earlier, they check for all little shit. That's why i was asking cuz 2 yrs. ago when i got my car inspected, they failed me cuz one of my brake lights were out (which was valid) and i had hyper white bulbs which shows blue if it's not turned on. Can u believe that?
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

VIO
    what would allow them to fail you on your inspection is the lack of an amber colored reflector. front turns can be amber or white in color. go out to walmart or the auto store and pick up two cheap amber reflectors and stick them on with double sided tape. then take them off after the inspection. cheers.

KNJGalant2002
    Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    what would allow them to fail you on your inspection is the lack of an amber colored reflector. front turns can be amber or white in color. go out to walmart or the auto store and pick up two cheap amber reflectors and stick them on with double sided tape. then take them off after the inspection. cheers.
    I thought it was just the bulb. Don't some cars come stock with cleared corners? I know on my step dad's elantra he has clear headlights with an orange bulb.

yeah my little Hyundai santa fe had clear corners, no amber reflectors anywhere on the front.............in UT they wont pass ya if you got colored bulbs, blue green red etc....only amber, i dunno about all clear bulbs. i had clear corners on my truck with blue bulbs and had to get amber bulbs those bastards..... :evil:

VIO
    go out and check your bumper again z. the reflector doesn't have to be on your turn signal it just has to be somewhere on the front of the can on the side so if your parked at night other cars can see the reflection. there are a lot of cars that have a thin (maybe 1/2 tall) and long reflector recessed into the side of the front clip or front fender. cheers.

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    inspections???-we don't have those. we don't even have smog emissions.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    go out and check your bumper again z. the reflector doesn't have to be on your turn signal it just has to be somewhere on the front of the can on the side so if your parked at night other cars can see the reflection. there are a lot of cars that have a thin (maybe 1/2 tall) and long reflector recessed into the side of the front clip or front fender. cheers.
    only amber reflector the truck had was in the corners, but i bought clear ones, so no more reflector anymore on the front

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'>go out and check your bumper again z. Â*the reflector doesn't have to be on your turn signal it just has to be somewhere on the front of the can on the side so if your parked at night other cars can see the reflection. Â*there are a lot of cars that have a thin (maybe 1/2 tall) and long reflector recessed into the side of the front clip or front fender. Â*cheers.</div>

only amber reflector the truck had was in the corners, but i bought clear ones, so no more reflector anymore on the front</div>

aaahhhhh see it "had" amber reflectors but you removed them when you cleared the corners. all cars, by law, are supposed to have amber reflectors on the front be it part of the turnsignal assembly or stuffed into the bumper somewhere. it doesn't matter as long as they are on the side in the front.

sorry i haven't posted recently but i did wanna tell ya guys that i did pass inspection w/no probs. So i guess as long as there was an amber light blink, it was all good.
    VIO, it funny how u mention about the amber reflectors cuz i've noticed it also that even if a car has a clear coner headlights there is always an amber reflector somewhere below.
    thanks for inputs and posts.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r-ezz.e
    sorry i haven't posted recently but i did wanna tell ya guys that i did pass inspection w/no probs. So i guess as long as there was an amber light blink, it was all good.
    VIO, it funny how u mention about the amber reflectors cuz i've noticed it also that even if a car has a clear coner headlights there is always an amber reflector somewhere below.
    thanks for inputs and posts.
    Congrats. All I remember about light color is amber or white up front, amber or red in the rear.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison