The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fastest Galant, give me your time slips!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
Showing results 241 to 260 of 337
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    take the same car auto and manual.......... the manual is faster. even in drag.
    you're right and you're wrong. For a car to be faster than the same car automatic you need a really good driver.

take LS1's for instance. Take a manual LS1 and put it up against an auto LS1. Good driver or not the auto will be faster.

I guess thats because its a high hp motor, but IMO automatics will be faster on the 1/4 once you et's are 12's or lower.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Every fast or high powered drag car I've seen runs automatics. Especially on turboed vehicles, as the boost does not drop as noticeably between shifts since you don't have to let off the gas.

Also, this can happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqgsjO6mOA

LOL!

But to be fair, I love my manual and I most likely won't own another auto.
    Last edited by Koncept; 11-18-2008 at 05:25 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    For the most part, a manual transmission is more efficient then its automatic counterpart. But, the majority of automatic trans will shift faster then humanly possible in a manual. In our cars, the autos are slow because they are less efficient. An extra 5-10whp a manual trans puts the the ground will be noticeable. An extra 5-10hp in an already 400whp vehicle is probably not as noticeable, and if you are building a drag car, swapping to a manual for that extra few hp is not worth the trade of millisecond shifts that the auto gives you.

I know in my BMW, the shift pattern and gearing is much slower then its 5spd counterpart. And that is that.
    7g for life!

yes but we are talking about galants. you need all the power you can get.

even the galants getting 300hp are 5spds. that and they compete in more than just drag.

don't compare other cars, we have galants. yes autos on 500hp+ cars is better but for galants even up to 400 manual is better.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    take the same car auto and manual.......... the manual is faster. even in drag.
    What about you in drag?

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    What about you in drag?
    i need to rephrase that...... good catch reggie

Drag Racing

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    no manual is faster on 2 stock and slightly modded cars but on a decently and fully built car auto is usually the better choice and it can hold more power.. thats y 2 of our 3 drag stangs r now auto
    As for our galants they do shift slow, but we could always run the eclipse turbo tranny which shifts a bit faster and auto provides more consistant times as there is no room for driver error if u drive the auto as an auto lol.. if i build mine fully im going to build the auto as well , but if i only go wit the 14b ill do the 5 spd swap.. i love 5 spd cars but i like the consistancy and proven efficiency of built auto trannys over built 5 spds
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 11-18-2008 at 10:13 PM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

2003 Stock Galant GTZ [email protected] Car number 953

Last edited by pkfire; 11-23-2008 at 03:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pkfire View Post
    2003 Stock Galant GTZ [email protected] Car number 953

your sleeping at the tree man.. and you need to work on your 60ft time. but high 15's low 16's is good.

I will take mine to the track again in a couple weeks and see what it can do. Hoping for high 15's.

what are you running? like what set up are you going to use to get to high 15's?

Oh...did I put that? I meant 16's. I am running a pretty much stock 4G64 setup right now excluding the CAI and Tsudo N1 Exhaust. I will be picking up alot of stuff for my ride within the next month.

nice.. what else are you getting? is the exhaust a catback or just a muffler?

i went out and had a little fun and i went 2 our local place where they race and its completly dead so i wanna get an idea of wut my lil 7g does as an auto wit just intake and exhaust before i turbo and 5 spd swap it. i had no sure way to time it but as i passed the finish marker i hit my cruise 2 let me know wut my mph was.. i finish at 95 in my lil 7g auto and i was damn impressed.. can anyone give me a rough time estimate on that?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I highly doubt thats accurate. 95mph trap is probably low 14s. I highly doubt your stock auto runs anywhere near 14s.
    7g for life!

i would agree with you about how it shouldnt be able to but it does.. ive raced my buddys mustang gt and he only beat me off the line and ive beatin many cars i shouldnt have and i have 3 witnesses.. my car going that fast was a shock to me.. id say high 14s cuz i looked around at some similar traps and thats what they were running.. i think my motor is just weird.. its 10x faster than my old 7g with less mods
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    I highly doubt thats accurate. 95mph trap is probably low 14s. I highly doubt your stock auto runs anywhere near 14s.
    My bro's 2k celica traps about there (all stock) and ran 14.9 1/4 mile.

I'll take my G to Rte66 Raceway park in the summer.

bull shit.

i put 134hp 146tq to the wheels and i can't trap that fast.

stock 5spd 7G's run 15.6

stock auto's over 16's there is no way. try and say whatever you want. it's not possible

dude im not saying it i still cant believe it myself.. it did happen and it isnt all stock intake exhaust a couple new parts for the engine to keep it running nice and this tranny is new and pulls very hard like it keeps u pinned in the seat.. and my auto now shifts faster than the old 1.. it shifts almost like a normal auto nice quick tight shifts.. it jerks the front end and sumtimes spins the tires catching second.. i think my motor is just fucking in great shape
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

You would have to be making close to 180whp to run a 14sec 1/4. I trapped 103 @ 14.3(bad traction) and I was making over 250whp.

Im just saying that your 1/4 mile test is in-accurate. I will bet you $500 it is no faster then a 16s 1/4.
    7g for life!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast