The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fastest Galant, give me your time slips!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 337
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ako
    Am I allowed to count here?
    I think you currently rank atop the fastest 7g's ako! I'll gladly take my last place in the totem pole! :oops:

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Censee
    i remember leicoolya showed me a slip,,,,,,,,very fast 8g indeed...not sure where it is though,,,,,

DMS GSR
    hey guys, my time n/a was 16.9, i havnt run mine since my e2 conversion, atm im runin 176kw @ 5000rpm on 9psi @ the front wheels(we droped boost, n a mild tune 2 be safe) which with good traction should be good for a hi 13, just w8n on parts 2 come from japan and then off 2 be maped on the dyno agn

brandon
    Well I went to E-town this weekend and made 3 runs. Should have pics and a short video in the next few days.

New best is 15.3 @ 89.6mph

Pretty sure I could have ran a high 14 if I had remembered to turn off the O/D and taken out my spare and luggage, but I'm happy in shaving more than 2.5 seconds.

I'll post more details once I have the slips and pics and stuff.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    Well I went to E-town this weekend and made 3 runs. Should have pics and a short video in the next few days.

Pretty sure I could have ran a high 14 if I had remembered to turn off the O/D and taken out my spare and luggage, but I'm happy in shaving more than 2.5 seconds.

i bet if you got rid of that automatic you'd be into the high 13s, depending on how much boost your running.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon

i bet if you got rid of that automatic you'd be into the high 13s, depending on how much boost your running.
    Pretty sure you're right on that one... but I'm actually planning on doing the Level Ten shiftronic first and seeing where that leaves me.

When I buy my 1G DSM, that'll be 5spd.

Also... forgot to mention that this was at 6-7psi with spikes to 9psi between the auto-shifts.

01GalantLSV6
    while the shaving of 2.5 seconds is impressive, i have a v6 galant that could potentially run an identical time with very simple mods. i have intake and custom 2.5 inch catback exhaust, and i know someone on this site with their cali spec v6 ran a 15.67 at like 89 mph, and i have a fed spec not cali spec which could mean i could shave another .1 or .2 off of that time. i guess what im trying to say is i feel good that just because a car is turboed doesnt automatically doom me. i actually raced a civic from my school today that was turboed and beat it by half a car, he said he was having some tuning issues but hey whatever. im too lazy to make a new post in war stories.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 01GalantLSV6
    while the shaving of 2.5 seconds is impressive, i have a v6 galant that could potentially run an identical time with very simple mods. i have intake and custom 2.5 inch catback exhaust, and i know someone on this site with their cali spec v6 ran a 15.67 at like 89 mph, and i have a fed spec not cali spec which could mean i could shave another .1 or .2 off of that time. i guess what im trying to say is i feel good that just because a car is turboed doesnt automatically doom me. i actually raced a civic from my school today that was turboed and beat it by half a car, he said he was having some tuning issues but hey whatever. im too lazy to make a new post in war stories.
    haha... i seriously think that you've got a freak of nature from the factory... kinda like some 5-speed 7g's (used to have one :twisted: ) seriously though brandon's car n/a ran 18's while there are other members who are stock who are running low 15's.. every car is different.... once he get's his tranny rebuilt, I think we're gonna be seeing some really nice times... b/c dsm trannies suck :x

BTW if someone reads this and doesn't know that DSM stands for "Diamond Star Motor" and thinks DSM is abbreviated for some city my last sentence could really be tooken out of context

when is we gon be free????

keep in mind, the auto 7Gs are shit, and the turbo was only at 7psi. if you want a run for your money, come on over here 8) i destroy V6 8Gs....just ask jet black

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    just wondering... what was stewi running w/ his n/a 5-speed setup????

brandon
    while the shaving of 2.5 seconds is impressive, i have a v6 galant that could potentially run an identical time with very simple mods. i have intake and custom 2.5 inch catback exhaust, and i know someone on this site with their cali spec v6 ran a 15.67 at like 89 mph, and i have a fed spec not cali spec which could mean i could shave another .1 or .2 off of that time. i guess what im trying to say is i feel good that just because a car is turboed doesnt automatically doom me.
    What's even more impressive is how much less money I spent on my 4 cylinder to be as fast as your 6.

Turbo car vs. N/A or I4 vs. V6 or V6 vs. nitrous... it's like comparing apples and oranges ya know?

01GalantLSV6
    What's even more impressive is how much less money I spent on my 4 cylinder to be as fast as your 6.
    i actually had every intention on getting an I4 when purchasing my galant, but they had this silver LS v6 there, a 2001 with very low miles (21k) so i just asked how much they wanted, they said 11500 i talked them down to 10500 and felt it was worth it to go for the v6. and to respond to something hogson said, i do have a freak of nature v6. i raced vtec killer (brian) from galant forums, hes the guy who did the first 5 speed swap on his I4, and claimed the swap alone meant he cud take a stock or slightly modded v6. well i beat him by 3 car lengths average every time, and he then accused me of having nitrous cuz i chirped 2nd gear each time. no nitrous here tho, although a 75 shot is on the way cuz the money in my sds fund just got spent on something else, and ill announce it here for the first time, 1991 galant vr4 with 171k miles, running. my new project

brandon
    and ill announce it here for the first time, 1991 galant vr4 with 171k miles, running. my new project
    When I mentioned "my 1G DSM", I am hoping that's what it will turn out to be.

Good luck with it.

TGC Regular
    i do have a freak of nature v6. i raced vtec killer (brian) from galant forums, hes the guy who did the first 5 speed swap on his I4, and claimed the swap alone meant he cud take a stock or slightly modded v6. well i beat him by 3 car lengths average every time
    That is what I was refering to :shock: haha

Fastest Galant?

Hows 15.3 @ 86 MPH???
    95 s 5spd.
    stock 4G64
    stock clutch
    gutted, no power steering
    4" air filter and 4" muffler

ughghghakadhgkaew09a03w i can't WAIT to put the 5spd in

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Re: Fastest Galant?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Got Rice Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hows 15.3 @ 86 MPH???
    95 s 5spd. Â*
    stock 4G64
    stock clutch
    4" air filter and 4" muffler</div>

Not bad but nobody gets onto the list without a timeslip or a video
    7g for life!

brandon

Re: Fastest Galant?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Got Rice Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hows 15.3 @ 86 MPH???
    95 s 5spd. Â*
    stock 4G64
    stock clutch
    4" air filter and 4" muffler</div>

Not bad but nobody gets onto the list without a timeslip or a video </div>

Still waiting for my buddy to send it to me! :evil:

And Seth, when are we going to see your 13 second (or faster?!) slip on here?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Once my car starts :lauging:
    7g for life!

my timeslip

click on this and scroll down to the timeslip. #960
    The black one is the one that went 15.3
    The maroon and yellow one went 15.7 with full interior and stereo
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/329373/4

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast