The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fastest Galant, give me your time slips!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 337
    you can take off from 7k and not lose traction!?!? i can't even take off from 5k without spinning through first.. i can't even floor it any time during first, and most of second :?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Sabzi do you have an LSD??

Yeah but in 1st gear at a 7k launch the car is only spinning 10psi on that big turbo. Once the turbo kicks in there is a little chirp, then 2nd gear and 3rd gear i dont get any wheelspin, BFG Drag radials at 20psi. It was about 50 degrees out
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You have an LSD though right? WHich brand/type? Sounds awesome to have hardly any wheelspin with your power!
    7g for life!

damn and its only going to hook up quicker as the temps rise.
    read in another thread that you are running a quaife. i think i'm going to get a lsd for my next mod, sounds like its working wonders for you. How big a difference does it make in the twisties?
    what kind of fuel management are you running?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Did you get the quaife clutch type lsd?
    7g for life!

Nah, Quaife LSD's are Helical Geartype, Kaaz is clutch type. I got the quaife it has a lifetime warranty even for racing. It feels good, you get a good amount of torque steer down low but its manageable, turns are great, I also have Tein SS-P racing coilovers too. Fuel management im running an Electromotive Tec2 standalone, MAP sensor instead of MAF
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

nah, still running the crappy stock open diff. i'd like to get a kazz clutch type, but first thing's first, i need awd. i'm pretty sure it will make a bigger difference. seems like that setup really does help traction though. i'd be all for it, except i'm the type who runs at the track what i run on the street.

the AWD swap is way more effort then its worth> i know a guy with a Eclipse GST, automatic with slicks that runs 9's You dont need AWD.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    the AWD swap is way more effort then its worth
    you swapped an evo engine into a galant, don't you think that was also more effort than it's worth? and if it's more effort than it is worth, why don't you tell me exactly what is involved in the swap to awd? so far, i haven't seen anyone here who claims to know how to do it. everyone keeps saying it's too hard, not worth it, but no one seems to know what it entails.

> i know a guy with a Eclipse GST, automatic with slicks that runs 9's
    oh, so you know garry marsh? if not, then who is this guy? cause there's only one gst in the nines, and it's garry marsh's record. http://www.dsmtimes.org/fwd.htm

You dont need AWD.
    now compare that list to this one: http://www.dsmtimes.org/awd.htm
    next, read what i said
    i'd be all for it, except i'm the type who runs at the track what i run on the street.
    so that means i don't add anything, or take anything away from my car when i get to the track. so realize that yes, i do need awd. not to mention my car is not a drag car and that is not the only fun i have, and in addition, i hate fwd. so there!

the AWD swap entails cutting out the rear floor of the car to have enough clearance for the driveshaft to fit, and then raising the floor and re-welding it, and to fit the AWD tranny you have to cut and modify the front cross member. There was a guy who posted on galant forums who converted his avenger to awd and it was like $8k. Its not the parts it the labor. And when i bring my car to the track all i do is change my tires. Again to each his own, if its something you wanna do, then do it. And the EVO swap, for an FYI, wasnt a hard swap, it was time consuming and its not as costly as a AWD swap, again to each his own, if you make your car AWD, I will give you props, but to me its not worth it, if it is to you, do it, i'll suppurt it, its your car.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i'm no moderator, and i DO think this line of posting is some real good stuff, but i think its really getting off topic from the intentions of this thread. lets try to keep on the topic at hand.

lets keep up the discussion, but maybe we could move it to another thread...

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I dont mind this kind of off topic. If you want to post a slip go ahead. I can filter through it

Its still on topic, talking about how to make your galant the fastest hehe.

Update on me: Had a coolant leak from the water pump. Took the pump off, resealed it, currently re-doing the timing. After that gets put back together, just have to finish up the batterybox in the trunk(drill 2 holes) and off I "should" be.

Hows your swap coming John?
    7g for life!

such a pain in the ass to think i was doing this a month ago, and i'm already swapping in another block. new motor didn't come yesterday, so i expect it monday. pulling the blown 4g63 as we speak. new stainless line and fittings for the oil cooler came thursday, along with a full set of gaskets that i ordered. when i get the motor on the ground, i'm going to start pulling it apart to get all the parts ready to swap over. i'm also taking this oppurtunity to clean up a few messy last second wires i ran. i think i'm going to put a 4g64 crank in this old block and build it, but i don't know, a friend of mine that runs a tuner shop in town already offered me 400 for this blown block so i might as well sell it to him to cut my losses.

let this be a lesson to everyone, don't use the soft oil line that comes in oil cooler kits. it may take the heat, it may take the pressure, but one day, something is going to fly out of no where and slash it, like it did me. and now i have a bad cylinder (75 psi) and who knows what else wrong with my block. a perfect engine down the drain.
    anyways, if the motor comes on monday, i'll have it running again monday night.
    just pisses me off, i was on my way to getting a bigger turbo, and a phantom grip insert.
    My girlfriend hates my car now.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

hehe welcome to the club. My g/f has a hate/love relationship for my car. Ever since we started going out shes only ridden in it once hehe.

Yah I have one soft line, one SS line on my oil cooler. Reason being I snapped one of the AN fittings on the other SS line and have to order a new one. I just used one of the soft lines that came with the oil cooler kit for the time being.

Man, just put my timing belt back on and somehow its off 1 gear or 2. O well, I dont mind doing it, shouldnt take too long to do.

Hey John and/or Sabzi, where at in the trunk did you put your battery? My box fits perfectly in the passenger side right behind the strut tower, but it looks like it will be hard to drill for the hold down bars on one side because right under it is a support. Any ideas/pics?
    7g for life!

that is exactly where i put mine, although i haven't anchored it yet. i put two screws in the bottom of the box, but the lid is always flying off, so i think i might try to fix that tomorrow.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

HAHAHA dude my girl hates my car too. Anything I do that takes away from "our time" she hates.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

my girl used to love my car,
    i taught her how to drive it like a champ.
    double clutching, quick shifting, blazing through the twisties.
    even taught her how to stage, and race.
    she did it well, and exactly like i told her too.
    It was so hot, so fucking sexy.
    i used to have her drive it back and forth through this set of curves where i could sit on a hill and watch. It was awesome.
    the only thing better than watching your hot girlfriend drive your hot car, would be her doing it in a bikini with a delicious chicken sandwich in hand.
    chicken women and cars... in that order.

now she despises it and thinks i choose it over her.

but i have a feeling that once i teach her how to drive the car, read and understand the gauges, and handle the shear power of the new motor...
    she be stealing my keys while i sleep and sneaking out in the middle of the night just to drive it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    she be stealing my keys while i sleep and sneaking out in the middle of the night just to drive it.
    If i knew where you lived... her and me both

when is we gon be free????

i know where he lives.... well sorta, i know he lives behind my mom, haha

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    the AWD swap entails cutting out the rear floor of the car to have enough clearance for the driveshaft to fit, and then raising the floor and re-welding it, and to fit the AWD tranny you have to cut and modify the front cross member. There was a guy who posted on galant forums who converted his avenger to awd and it was like $8k. Its not the parts it the labor. And when i bring my car to the track all i do is change my tires. Again to each his own, if its something you wanna do, then do it. And the EVO swap, for an FYI, wasnt a hard swap, it was time consuming and its not as costly as a AWD swap, again to each his own, if you make your car AWD, I will give you props, but to me its not worth it, if it is to you, do it, i'll suppurt it, its your car.
    nope, it's a lot easier than that. i don't know about the other members, but i drive a 7g, not an avenger. labor, i would do myself ofcourse as always. and like i said, when i go to the track, i change nothing, not the tires, not removing the spare, nothing. i'm not going for the fastest time i can possibly pull, i'm going for the fastest time i can go with my car how i drive it. and my engine swap was more costly than my estimation for swapping to awd, but then again my engine swap included a dual ball bearing turbo and all supporting mods.

i put my battery right behing the passenger side strut also, perfect place for balance (as the heaviest thing in the front of the car is on the driver's side) and what is recommended for those going awd. i haven't had any problems with it being there, but it is only held down by 4 sheet metal screws (not nhra/ihra/anything legal) i'm planning on going to a legal setup for the new chassis, and will let you know how it works out if you aren't done by then (but hopefully you will be done before then )

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast