The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Should I get these and will they fit?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    02Galant25

Should I get these and will they fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43958

The car's a 2002 and black. I have 17" gunmetal rims on now, but they leave a huge space between the actual rim and the body of the car. I don't really wanna lower it too much since I commute a lot and have a 4 piece kit on it. If I did lower it I'd be hittin it all over the place. I was thinkin that the 18's would solve the problem of space.

hikix
    actually i have 18's and i have a huge gap, it looks like shit.. u gotta lower it if u dont want the gap. i kno it sucks but u gotta!

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.

Re: Should I get these and will they fit?

Quote Originally Posted by 02Galant25
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7922490060&category=43 958

The car's a 2002 and black. I have 17" gunmetal rims on now, but they leave a huge space between the actual rim and the body of the car. I don't really wanna lower it too much since I commute a lot and have a 4 piece kit on it. If I did lower it I'd be hittin it all over the place. I was thinkin that the 18's would solve the problem of space.
    not really dude...

first off, bigger rims arent gonna do anything for you filling the gap there. only make yer car look better the only way you can do what i think yer trying to do is to get a taller series of tires. and this u dont want to do. you want to get rubber tall enough that its gonna match the stock diameter as close as possible, if not exact. if you dont, then yer speedometer is gonna be off. this is not good.

second, if you got coilovers and some adjustable shocks, you could have a hell of a lowered ride, with out slamming to the ground on every bump. it would pretty much just stay right were you wanted it to. of course ride quality would be slightly stiffer, but not like all those cry babies make it out to be. noticeable, but not unbearable.

and yes, you should get those and i like those rims. good luck :thumbsup:

BTW, where are you located?

...U N D E A D...

02Galant25
    Thx for the quick replies, I think I'm probably gonna still get those rims. I'm gonna see how they look first before I drop the car on top of em. Will they fit right though? I don't know if 18 x 8 and a 38 offset would fit. Oh and I'm located in New Jersey.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Galant25
    Thx for the quick replies, I think I'm probably gonna still get those rims. I'm gonna see how they look first before I drop the car on top of em. Will they fit right though? I don't know if 18 x 8 and a 38 offset would fit. Oh and I'm located in New Jersey.

fuckin NJ. anyway, i dont remember what ours is. i dont know why, but that damn number wont stick in my head. anyway, you also have to make sure the lug pattern will fit correctly.

im not sure how you searched, just RIMS or whatever, but see if you can fond some that have galant labeled on them and go fromthere. some one here should chime i soon with the correct offset and fitment.

...U N D E A D...

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    the 18x8 is pushing it on the size and the fact that its 38 offset if you drop your car you will need to leave the camber as is or roll your fenders in the rear to make them fit. I think you will barely make it with that size stock requires 46+ offset so now you will close to 8mm more out then stock.

02Galant25
    O, I see.....I guess I won't be gettin those rims then, I don't wanna do all that stuff just to fit the rims. Thx for the advice man.