The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Long Trip...

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    01GalantLSV6

Long Trip...

on october 1st ill be taking my first really long trip in my 2001 galant. i have an LS V6 with 40k miles. the longest trip i have done to date is from my house in central long island out to montauk which is only about 90 miles. I am going to be driving by myself from commack, new york to harrisonburg, va to visit my girlfriend at james madison university. its about a 7 hour drive. is there anything special i should do to ensure reliability? ill be alone and dont want any surprises. i have changed my oil every 3k miles, 2 oil changes ago i got a regular/synthetic blend and my last oil change i started on full synthetic. i have all the normal mods...rims/drop/agx shocks, full exhaust/short ram. any advice? should i be fine for this distance?

Sexy_Delavatos_G_Ride_:)

Re: Long Trip...

Quote Originally Posted by 01GalantLSV6
    on october 1st ill be taking my first really long trip in my 2001 galant. i have an LS V6 with 40k miles. the longest trip i have done to date is from my house in central long island out to montauk which is only about 90 miles. I am going to be driving by myself from commack, new york to harrisonburg, va to visit my girlfriend at james madison university. its about a 7 hour drive. is there anything special i should do to ensure reliability? ill be alone and dont want any surprises. i have changed my oil every 3k miles, 2 oil changes ago i got a regular/synthetic blend and my last oil change i started on full synthetic. i have all the normal mods...rims/drop/agx shocks, full exhaust/short ram. any advice? should i be fine for this distance?
    Hey hun, i know what u mean about the distance. thats funny i live in kings park lol. n-e-way if nothing was eva wrong with ur car, it should be ok, u only have 40k on it, thats sweet. i remember those days. i dont see why it wouldnt be ok.aspecially it sounds like u take good care of it. u checked ur oil, check ur tires and dont stress it, and nuttin will happen. good luck, drive safe and have fun most of all!!!!!

Calipso
    I used to drive between Norfolk, VA and Boston, MA every weekend to visit my family while I was in the Navy.

I still take trips from Asheville, NC to Boston, MA. IT's about 900-1,000 miles each way.

I suggest you change your oil before you go and also use oil treatment.

you should be fine for the trip. just make sure your car is in tip top shape. maintenance has beeb performed, fluids check, same with tires and your spare and etc. carry a small tool kit just incase you run into problems.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

01GalantLSV6
    thanks for the advice.. sexy i think i see you around all of the time...do you have a red G with 2nd gen JDMs like mine? also cleared corners? and by any chance do u go to farmingdale? it appears ive hijacked my own post...

thanks for the advice.. sexy i think i see you around all of the time...do you have a red G with 2nd gen JDMs like mine? also cleared corners? and by any chance do u go to farmingdale? it appears ive hijacked my own post...
    OMG thats to funny, yea thats me. whats color is urs? do u go to farmingdale? cause if u have a silver one with the jdm's i have seen u, well ur car, not u...small world

BluFalcon
    Earlier this year I drove my GTZ (69K miles) to Panama City Beach from Dallas and back. Two weeks after I got back I drove it to Biloxi, MS and back after spending a month there. Just make sure the car has all it's regular maintenance done and any little issues are fixed. With only 40K on the clock, I wouldn't worry about it. Have a safe trip.

01GalantLSV6
    yes i have a silver one with jdms amongst other things. i knew ive seen you around...

yes i have a silver one with jdms amongst other things. i knew ive seen you around...
    yea ur car is hot. next time u see me, or vica versa, say hi!!