The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsibishi Galant 91 GSR Fix/Performance upgrade help

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    pieterdeheer

Mitsibishi Galant 91 GSR Fix/Performance upgrade help

I need a new motor for my Mitsibishi Galant 91 GSR
    the one i got in it is a 4cylinder 2.0 litre 16 valve, dohc fuel injected motor, what bigger motors will fit in it?

looking for something with more power possibly turbo

could you tell me what engines would fit? and how much they would cost? i dunno much bout car mechanics

Also what bonets, body kits, parts would be able to fitted easily to do my car up?

Dark7GHawk
    bonnets? lol

You in the US?

marktheblake

Re: Mitsibishi Galant 91 GSR Fix/Performance upgrade help

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pieterdeheer)</div><div class='quotemain'> what bigger motors will fit in it?</div>

Apparently the EVO3 engine will fit, if you do a search here you will find more info on that.

pieterdeheer
    yeah i live in australia, and i meant to say hoods not bonnets cause i cant spell bonnets and it sound crap.

so my car is a 6th gen then?

orangbaligila
    Quote Originally Posted by pieterdeheer
    yeah i live in australia, and i meant to say hoods not bonnets cause i cant spell bonnets and it sound crap.

so my car is a 6th gen then?
    yes, your is a 6G
    engines from VR4, EVO I-III will fit, make sure you get "everything when purchasing the engine.... Mitsubishi's best engine for this chassis is the 4G63T (same code w/ standard engine of yours but turbocharged version).

I got my stock 4G63 (non turbo) turbocharged last year, enough power for an FWD setup like my GTi (I think the same like your GSR)

pieterdeheer
    could ya checkout this and get some otherpeople to aswell

91 Galant GSR, Australian Version help needed,many questions

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...=asc&highlight=

3diamonds
    Sooo

What is the ACTUAL difference between T and non T version (other than turbo and "cyclone" intake, which i heard isnt all that its cracked up to be..or is it ?

ken inn
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(3diamonds)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sooo

What is the ACTUAL difference between T and non T version (other than turbo and "cyclone" intake, which i heard isnt all that its cracked up to be..or is it ?</div>

depends on what you've heard. will it outflow the stock manifold? no, usa stock intake will outflow the cyclone by 2 cfm. and EXTRUDE HONED intake will outflow it by 6 cfm. yippee. will it give better low end, better driveability, better fuel economy, faster turbo spoolup? yup. will it confuse bozos who dont know how to install/hook it up? yup. i've had one on my car for 3 years. if i want more top end power, all i do is turn the knob on the profec, and wala. cant do that for better low end/driveablility. ymmv