The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd Shifter cable bracket...

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

5spd Shifter cable bracket...

Can somebody with a 5spd 7g take a picture of the shifer cable bracket for me? It is under the stock air box kind of. It bolts the shifter cables down to teh transmission towards the front where the cables attach to the transmission. THanks!
    7g for life!

Livn2sk8
    i'll have those pics in about 2 hours for you seth...sorry...i'm on my way out...but...don't stress....I'll be back..

8ggalant
    hey seth this may not help but mine was in that exact spot F****'n pain in the @$$ to get too

Livn2sk8
    Ummm....sorry seth...haha....my pictures don't turn out very well in the dark...soo...?? Tomorrow it is!!! Hey...what's your e-mail and i'll just e-mail them to you tomorrow....

7g for life!

man i got a feeling im gonna F*** this up when i actually start my swap....man....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Its easy!
    7g for life!

Livn2sk8
    Yo...You got mail man!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Post the pic cause I duno wtf anyones talkin about.. whats the big deal with this bracket??
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    Post the pic cause I duno wtf anyones talkin about.. whats the big deal with this bracket??
    Yeah I'd like to know too.

Livn2sk8
    I have more pics...but here are only two for ya....I have to get to work!!!

Livn2sk8

Isnt there a bracket further down the lines? Like 6" down the lines? See when you connect the cables inside the cabin to the shifter assembly they are anchored down to the shifter assembly and held in with clips to the shifter assembly. Down there where they connect to the transmission there is nothing to anchor them down. THats what the bracket is for. ANd I cannot find the bracket anywhere. Ive been searching for ages...
    7g for life!

Livn2sk8
    all I can remember off the top of my head....since i'm not looking at them...is they go straight from the tranny....to the firewall....did you get the pics I e-mailed to you? because it should show what i'm talking about

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Isnt there a bracket further down the lines? Like 6" down the lines? See when you connect the cables inside the cabin to the shifter assembly they are anchored down to the shifter assembly and held in with clips to the shifter assembly. Down there where they connect to the transmission there is nothing to anchor them down. THats what the bracket is for. ANd I cannot find the bracket anywhere. Ive been searching for ages...
    Zip tie em down!
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Eh that wont work. Theres a lot of force pulling on the cables when you move the shifter and if they arent bolted down with the bracket you cant shifter. Well you can but it does not move the levers on the tranny....

Nobody has the bracket? Its about 6" or so up from where the cables are cotter pinned to the trans. The bracket should be bolted to the middle of the top of the tranny, for a reference where it should be. Ill try to take a pic sometime soon and show where it should be.

I know Im not crazy because Ive seen this bracket in all the 1gs in my junkyard...
    7g for life!

Hope this helps. It's hard to get a good pic with the intake in the way. But this should clear up any questions you have. If you can't get one from a junkyard, try the dealer; can't be too much for a bracket.

View from the firewall, looking towards the front of the car.

Top view.

Another view from the firewall, looking towards the front of the car.

Top view looking down, standing at the right fender.

Another view, standing at the right fender.

Awesome man! There is no dealer near me. I tried Concieli or whatever but they dont have it listed, I guess I will call em if Josh cant hook me up...
    7g for life!